Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

Free tall smoothie for Nook owners

Take your Nook to a B&N cafe and get a free tall smoothie.

When in your B&N just touch the shop icon on your Nook and look for the coupon under special offers. Show the coupon at the cafe and get your smoothie :smileyhappy:

The offer is good through the end of the month.

I think I'll go get mine today. I hope they have mango smoothies, they're my favorite. 

Correspondent
snowfireangel
0 Kudos

Re: Free tall smoothie for Nook owners

The one time I went in for the free Godiva chocolates, my Starbucks at B&N told me they had run out. :smileymad: I don't think they can run out of smoothies, do you?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats

I hope not. The offer says, "While supplies last." What supplies? Ice and smoothie mix? LOL

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

Conniecats wrote:

I hope not. The offer says, "While supplies last." What supplies? Ice and smoothie mix? LOL

It's the ice.  Short shelf life and complicated recipe that only a few select people know.  I've said too much.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Contributor
the_incognito
0 Kudos

That's good to know.  Thanks for the info.

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

well to play Devil's advocate, they could temporarily run out of mix if the sudden increase in requests from this promotion run them out.  This covers them in the interval between then and restock.

my life is a Soap Opera, and I want a new head writer!
Contributor
ChelMcQ
0 Kudos

Beware, not all the stores have the necessary components to make the smoothies yet.

However, my B&N store had leftover gems and gave me another box of those (my 2nd!) and told me they would have smoothies on the menu by this weekend.

I survived the Feb 12th Nook class!
Nook - Derry
Contributor
Hambo
0 Kudos

Correspondent
token787
0 Kudos

Conniecats wrote:

Take your Nook to a B&N cafe and get a free tall smoothie.

When in your B&N just touch the shop icon on your Nook and look for the coupon under special offers. Show the coupon at the cafe and get your smoothie :smileyhappy:

The offer is good through the end of the month.

I think I'll go get mine today. I hope they have mango smoothies, they're my favorite. 

Thanx for the info. This will be my first time to get to use a free coupon off my Nook for the cafe.

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

i gotta try to get there soon...a free smoothie would be great

Frequent Contributor
EscapistFL
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting us know!

Distinguished Correspondent
Globaltech

is it bring your own vodka?

+++++++++++++++++++
¡sʞooq ɹǝʎ ,uıןɐǝʇs sɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ uı ǝɹɐ sǝʇɐɹıd ¡sǝou ɥo
Inspired Contributor
MrBanballow
0 Kudos

Heads up: Remember to show your Member's Card...

... I know it's kind of blurry, but "A MEMBER WOULD HAVE SAVED 0.33".

PS: I know B&N like to treat their nook owners, but I doubt they'll actually pay us .33 to take their smoothies away.

Currently reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1, Grimm's Fairy Tales
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Keep in mind that this appears to be for the B&N Cafe and not all B&N have Cafes.  Some have Starbucks and my experiences is that if it is a Starbucks, rather than an B&N cafe, the coupon is not honored.

How can you tell, other than it should say B&N Cafe, powered by Starbucks?  If you can enter the area without paying for your B&N merchandise, it's a Cafe, if it takes the B&N membership, it's a cafe.  If you have to pay for your B&N merchandise before entering, it's a Starbucks, if you can use a Starbucks Gift card, it's a Starbucks.

B&N Bookseller
RedRapier
0 Kudos

ChelMcQ wrote:

Beware, not all the stores have the necessary components to make the smoothies yet.

However, my B&N store had leftover gems and gave me another box of those (my 2nd!) and told me they would have smoothies on the menu by this weekend.

My store does not have the Smoothies at all, but is willing to substitute any tall creme-based beverage

my life is a Soap Opera, and I want a new head writer!
Inspired Contributor
Sigma2398
0 Kudos

Tried using it last night, but ran into the "Starbucks is not B&N cafe" problem.  Funny, the coupon is for a "tall" smoothie.  I just assumed it was for Starbucks.  No smoothie for me.

New User
Silvermoss
0 Kudos

Ohh... thanks for the heads up! =]

"Lean from the past, live in the present, plan for the future." - - Aubrey Farrell
"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval." -- Mark Twain
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything." -- Alexander Hamilton
Reader 4
BadBiscuit
0 Kudos

I used this coupon today--my first time using a Nook coupon--with no problem.  My question is this: Are these one-time coupons, or can I use it every time I go to the store until the end of the month?  (Or until they run out of smoothie mix and ice!)

I've only had my Nook for a few days and have already found these boards to be VERY useful. Thanks, all!

Frequent Contributor
tiniree
0 Kudos

I got my Nook when they were running the Gems Chocolate coupon. The cashier wrote down the code off my screen when I redeemed it. So, I figured the coupon would disappear from my Nook. It stayed there for the rest of the month. Anyone know if you can use these more than once? Marie
Frequent Contributor
nekowafer
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if the coupon code is specific to the Nook. Anyone want to write theirs down when they're in a B&N and compare it? I think they're the same across the board, but I have no way to test that theory.

I know that I was able to get chocolates several times. Also, even if the numbers are specific to each Nook, I don't think the coupon will disappear - that would involve a lot of programming, and the POS (register) system to "speak" to the Nook store system. It's easier for everyone to just leave it there.