Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
JeremyCesarec

Free tall smoothie through January 3, 2011

[ Edited ]

NOOK and NOOKcolor owners: stop by your local B&N Café, show the server your NOOK -- with the FREE Tall Smoothie coupon displayed -- and receive a delicious drink on us! Valid through 1/3/11 while supplies last. Happy sipping!

When you log in to WiFi at B&N, choose "shop" and this coupon will appear on your NOOK or NOOKcolor screen:

smoothie.smaller.jpg

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Re: Free tall smoothie through January 3, 2011

Awesome!!  I've been dying for an excuse to go to BN and see what my Nook Color can do in there (and make all the other shoppers jealous)!

Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved
0 Kudos

That's great but it's Winter! Couldn't we get a coffee?? lol

Frequent Contributor
JMyers60
0 Kudos

Is this a new offer or just a continuation of the old coupon. I ask because I used the one offered last month so am I still able to get another one? I am from Western New York so I don't care if it's freezing out! We have been known to go for ice cream when it's been below 0°F!
New User
samiche
0 Kudos

Ohhhh nice thanks for the heads up :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
Globaltech
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The offer has a generic discount code that the server will need.  It doesn't go away after redeeming and is the same code for everyone.  Soooo, enjoy a few.   Techincally, it's limited to one per nook, but if the setup is the same as the november offer... well, nummies in mah tummies!

I get one every time I go to B&N!   Thanks B&N!!!

+++++++++++++++++++
¡sʞooq ɹǝʎ ,uıןɐǝʇs sɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ uı ǝɹɐ sǝʇɐɹıd ¡sǝou ɥo
Contributor
icart
0 Kudos

Hey Guys! I don' t want to be the bearer of bad news....but some of the B&N are out of the smoothie mix....we live in Florida and it went over so well...they have no more mix.  Sorry!

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Well, since you live in Florida you're not freezing your ass off and trudging through snow to get to your local BN, so you still win.  :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
sf_az
0 Kudos

I have been to 2 different B&N cafe's lately and they both told me that the offer is expired and that they don't make smoothies in the winter.  

Frequent Contributor
KeWaDaHa
0 Kudos

Got mine today. It was delicious!   Thanks B&N!

yoshipumkin
0 Kudos

How can they say it's expired though?  It clearly says on the coupon that it expires 1/3/2011.  I'm getting ready to head over there in a little bit to try my hand.  It's a 20-min drive, so I'm hoping they don't send me on my way empty handed.  Hrm.

Globaltech
0 Kudos

The original offer for november expired.  They obviously don't know about the new one.

+++++++++++++++++++
yoshipumkin
0 Kudos

They work in a bookstore.  Surely they can read :smileytongue:

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Having worked in retail during the holidays, I can verify that information is not usually disseminated to all employees very well.  It's just so crazy with all the shoppers!

If you have a 20 min drive though, maybe call first so you don't get disappointed.

Inspired Wordsmith
mykoffee
0 Kudos

sf_az wrote:

I have been to 2 different B&N cafe's lately and they both told me that the offer is expired and that they don't make smoothies in the winter.  

What?  I just got one on Friday.

Linda

Reader
chazcop
0 Kudos

Twice I've gone to large stores in Manhattan that have been out.. but they offered a substitute hot/cold drink.  Offer is still on.  (I haven't tried asking for 2 if I bring both my Nook  & Nook Colo [Smiley emoticon insert failed])

Globaltech
0 Kudos

well, it is one per nook.. not per person.

+++++++++++++++++++
Frequent Contributor
CAnook
0 Kudos

Do they somehow log your nook/bn acct when you get the free smoothie?

Correspondent
token787
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Now with the holidays and the weather, they should offer some hot chocolate.

Globaltech
0 Kudos

CAnook wrote:

Do they somehow log your nook/bn acct when you get the free smoothie?

no, they don't

+++++++++++++++++++