Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
KeithK
0 Kudos

Re: Free tall smoothie through January 3, 2011

I was at B&N before the holidays and ordered a hot chocolate, the clerk saw my Nook and told me about the offer. Naurally I took her up on it. Free is good.
Reader 4
RobAndDawn
0 Kudos

My wife and I tried to get our free smoothies (we both have a Nook now) and the guy told us they were out of the syrup so he couldn't make any. He did not offer to let us get something else instead.

I was just a little bummed at the time, but now reading how other people got something else in exchange I'm not happy at all! :smileymad:

Luckily we didn't just drive there for the smoothies - I was going to get a cover for the Nook that I got for Christmas.

(This was the north Colorado Springs location if there are any other Springs people here.)

Frequent Contributor
Guyon
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I never got one the two times I went to the Cranberry PA store they were out of the mix.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

In ohio where my friend lives they said they were out and giving frappucinos instead.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Guyon wrote:

I never got one the two times I went to the Cranberry PA store they were out of the mix.

The Waterfront had them Christmas week; the clerk saw my NOOK and asked me which kind I wanted.  I declined and bought the hot chocolate I was standing in line for instead.  (Too cold outside for a smoothie, for me.)

Reader 4
dragon-star
0 Kudos

this past Friday I could not find anything from the cafe on the NOOk.  Did  they not have anything last week?

Contributor
UnicronSocial
0 Kudos

If you want to know what happened to me go to page three.

Here is the conclusion to my story.

Last Saturday the manager emailed and asked to meet him. So I did He asked if the girl who dealt with me was there but she wasnot there but I told him the girl who was nice to other customers was working. We chatted about what happened and he kept telling me that was not BN way of dealing with customers.

We also talked about the how we thought the look of a bookstore might be like in a few years due to the effects of ereaders.

We also talked about, and I demoed my, Windows Phone 7. He was pretty impressed.

In the end I left feeling pretty good and planning on buying some books at the end of this month.

Frequent Contributor
kevinrs
0 Kudos

this thread could probably be un-stuck, as the deal has been over for 9 days now, and not replaced or continued.