Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Lesara
0 Kudos

Fuzzy edges on e-ink after in the heat?

This is a problem I think I have been having (Or me just being overly sensitive to any changes).

Whenever I leave my nook in the vehicle for like an hour or so the vehicle gets hot then when I come back and drive home and turn on my nook, the letters are blurred and fuzzy. Then over the hours it seems to return to normal but retains a tad bit of the fuzzy edges.

The letters just don't seem to have the crisp edges they had when I bought my nook (Could just be me being paranoid). Does anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Love my nook and this is the only problem I have had with it.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Re: Fuzzy edges on e-ink after in the heat?

Frequent Contributor
Lesara
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

A normal day is 80-90 right now. So I am roughly guessing 100+ and its only for an hour. But after reading that manual its getting me paranoid. Would hate to have the screen damaged more than it is (if it is).  Going to take it down to BN brick and mortar store to compare the screens. 

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

I'd love to have a normal day be between 80 and 90!  It was 105 here today. 

Inspired Wordsmith
Ozman69
0 Kudos

Lesara wrote:

A normal day is 80-90 right now. So I am roughly guessing 100+ and its only for an hour. But after reading that manual its getting me paranoid. Would hate to have the screen damaged more than it is (if it is).  Going to take it down to BN brick and mortar store to compare the screens. 

According to one site I read that at 90 degrees outside your cars interior can get up to 115 degrees.  Are you keeping it out of direct sunlight (like in your glove box)?

The above is based upon my opinion... yours may vary!
Frequent Contributor
Lesara
0 Kudos

Ouch. Hate it being to hot. But I hope there is nothing wrong with my nook. I was just wondering if anyone else had had this happen, and if its in the manual I can only guess that it has. 

Thanks for pointing out the manual article though, most of us don't read it.

Frequent Contributor
Lesara
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ozman69 wrote:

Lesara wrote:

According to one site I read that at 90 degrees outside your cars interior can get up to 115 degrees.  Are you keeping it out of direct sunlight (like in your glove box)?

I keep it on those little pockets on the back of the chairs, right behind mine (doesn't fit in my glove box). Also keep it in a leather case from BN.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

You're really not supposed to leave it in your car in extreme heat and/or cold. It can destroy the screen. It's the same with a laptop or cell phone.