Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
lynn5252
0 Kudos

Games

Can I download other games to play on the Nook color besides the 2 it came with? Can other apps be downloaded?

Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1
0 Kudos

Re: Games

As of now - no.  There is talk about BN opening an app store sometime in the next few months but per rumor it will contain primarily apps geared towards book/reading.  I would recommend looking up the nookcolor board for more info...

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/bd-p/NOOKcolorGeneralDiscussion

New User
lynn5252
0 Kudos

Thanks

Contributor
DudetteLB
0 Kudos

There are games online with work perfectly with the Nook Color. It is a membership site (works on almost anything), but there are always 3 free-to-play games at the top of the front page, and they change each Sunday.

http://games.net4tv.com

Frequent Contributor
Patrick_Skelton
0 Kudos

Games would be cool!  I'd be all about the games!

World's Greatest Riddles and Brain Teasers! 

The H.G.Wells Time Machine Retold   

Author of THE DEVICE A Suspense Novel

[url=http://www.patrickskelton.weebly.com]The Device [/url]
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

The Nook is not a tablet.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Contributor
DudetteLB
0 Kudos

You think the Nook Color is not a tablet?

I beg to differ -- go to that site and you can play very nice games online.

Not future downloads in a future app store; online, right now, more than 50 games including 13 solitaires, Texas Hold'em, Reversi, Checkers, Mancala, and picture puzzles. Members with Nook Colors can also post in the forums (and others -- I posted on some blogs with it all afternoon), go to GMail for their email ... oh yeah, and read books too. About 80% of the stuff I do on my iPad tablet.

BTW, the browser in the Nook Color is very, very similar to the Safari browser in the iPad -- both built with WebKit, and both responding to WebKit scaling and rotation code.

B&N may not want it to be a tablet, because they want to sell content to it from their store. But in fact, it's quite a nice little tablet. It's not an iPad, but it is a tablet and within its limitations, it's quite easy to develop for.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518

My apologies.  Since this was not the Nook Color board I didn't realize this whole thread was dedicated to the Nook Color.

I was referrring to the Nook Classic which is not a tablet. 

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

DudetteLB wrote:

You think the Nook Color is not a tablet?

I beg to differ -- go to that site and you can play very nice games online.

Not future downloads in a future app store; online, right now, more than 50 games including 13 solitaires, Texas Hold'em, Reversi, Checkers, Mancala, and picture puzzles. Members with Nook Colors can also post in the forums (and others -- I posted on some blogs with it all afternoon), go to GMail for their email ... oh yeah, and read books too. About 80% of the stuff I do on my iPad tablet.

BTW, the browser in the Nook Color is very, very similar to the Safari browser in the iPad -- both built with WebKit, and both responding to WebKit scaling and rotation code.

B&N may not want it to be a tablet, because they want to sell content to it from their store. But in fact, it's quite a nice little tablet. It's not an iPad, but it is a tablet and within its limitations, it's quite easy to develop for.

NOOKColor boards -

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/bd-p/NOOKcolorGeneralDiscussion

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/bd-p/NOOKcolortechnicalsupport

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

The Nook is not a tablet.

But it is.. it's just a drunken bastard version who doesn't know yet how to load apps (not that it can't).

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!