Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
Posts: 6,825
Registered: ‎01-05-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.

LMAO!

 

Roy has tagged the posts above.  If you posted you might want to check in and see what Roy thinks of you.

 

Roy thinks I'm a moron.

 

I'll let you know when I stop laughing, but it will probably be a while.  :smileyvery-happy:

Scribe
frantastk
Posts: 743
Registered: ‎06-29-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.


roy257 wrote:

(Hey, I'm a BN customer and I will admit it.  I AM cheap.  I have the nook 3G but got my wife the nook wifi because it was CHEAPER.  So yeah I am cheap and proud of it.  I never saw so many people get so insulted over being called cheap.  You would think you all were being called "socialist, statist, un-American, commie-pigs", accused of some kind of terrible crime or called some kind of racial remark.  There have been more comments on here about that one remark than the core subject of the thread.  If our government were CHEAP we wouldn't be looking at defaulting on our debt in August.)

 

Thats what I meant, but these foolish people can only see hate. I buy cheap too. I'm just saying if you brought a wifi nook then you were cheap (trying to save money)because you could not afford the 3g version and that's why BN is not making them anymore.


But many of us are saying that we didn't buy the wifi version because we couldn't afford 3G, but because we didn't need 3G. The places I've traveled since getting my nook all have wifi. As a matter of fact, we've been places that we couldn't get cell service but wifi hotspots were everywhere. The 3G would have been useless. 

 

Oh, and we go to NY all the time and have never had an issue with wifi hotspots for the nook.

 

I also think there is a difference between calling someone cheap and calling someone frugal or responsible with money.

AlanNJ
Posts: 3,722
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.


roy257 wrote:

(Hey, I'm a BN customer and I will admit it.  I AM cheap.  I have the nook 3G but got my wife the nook wifi because it was CHEAPER.  So yeah I am cheap and proud of it.  I never saw so many people get so insulted over being called cheap.  You would think you all were being called "socialist, statist, un-American, commie-pigs", accused of some kind of terrible crime or called some kind of racial remark.  There have been more comments on here about that one remark than the core subject of the thread.  If our government were CHEAP we wouldn't be looking at defaulting on our debt in August.)

 

Thats what I meant, but these foolish people can only see hate. I buy cheap too. I'm just saying if you brought a wifi nook then you were cheap (trying to save money)because you could not afford the 3g version and that's why BN is not making them anymore.


I may have missed it but I don't think anyone said they bought the wifi nook because they couldn't afford the 3G nook.   They may have said the price differential isn't worth it but I didn't see where they coudn't afford it.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Nallia
Posts: 4,758
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Registered: ‎02-15-2010

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.


keriflur wrote:

LMAO!

 

Roy has tagged the posts above.  If you posted you might want to check in and see what Roy thinks of you.

 

Roy thinks I'm a moron.

 

I'll let you know when I stop laughing, but it will probably be a while.  :smileyvery-happy:


He called me a stalker.  Seeing as how I was here first and he has made it a point to move here from the NC boards (where he also posted only to insult everyone), I would think that would make him the stalker.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
Posts: 2,356
Registered: ‎12-25-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.

Let me ask a question why can anyone on the forum add tags to other people's posts?  It seems like that should be something only the poster should be able to do to his/her posts.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Frequent Contributor
roy257
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎12-22-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.

Calling people cheap is not an insult. People who think its an insult are the reason why this country fails. Now stop crying you big ass babies and get over it your cheap im cheap. Not an insult, it just all your fault we lost the 3g option. AMAZON WINS.

Inspired Wordsmith
mykoffee
Posts: 623
Registered: ‎01-24-2010

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.


roy257 wrote:

Calling people cheap is not an insult. People who think its an insult are the reason why this country fails. Now stop crying you big ass babies and get over it your cheap im cheap. Not an insult, it just all your fault we lost the 3g option. AMAZON WINS.



Second verse same as the first.    Why are you all trying to reason with this guy?  HIs mind is made up and he's not interested in anything other than his own opinion.

Wordsmith
KingAl
Posts: 549
Registered: ‎11-16-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.


roy257 wrote:

(Thats what I meant, but these foolish people can only see hate. I buy cheap too. I'm just saying if you brought a wifi nook then you were cheap (trying to save money)because you could not afford the 3g version and that's why BN is not making them anymore.


B.S.   I could've afforded a new car, but I deliberately chose to buy a used one. Being frugal is NOT the same as being cheap or unable to afford it.

Wordsmith
KingAl
Posts: 549
Registered: ‎11-16-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.


roy257 wrote:

Calling people cheap is not an insult. People who think its an insult are the reason why this country fails. Now stop crying you big ass babies and get over it your cheap im cheap. Not an insult, it just all your fault we lost the 3g option. AMAZON WINS.


 

How many people are switching from the NOOK to the Kindle just because the Kindle has a 3G version? I would suspect very few.

 

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
Posts: 758
Registered: ‎01-04-2011
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.


roy257 wrote:

Calling people cheap is not an insult. People who think its an insult are the reason why this country fails. Now stop crying you big ass babies and get over it your cheap im cheap. Not an insult, it just all your fault we lost the 3g option. AMAZON WINS.



I don't appreciate coming onto this board and getting called a big ass baby.  How does this even fly under the code of conduct this board supposedly has. 

Nallia
Posts: 4,758
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.


RSC_Nook wrote:

roy257 wrote:

Calling people cheap is not an insult. People who think its an insult are the reason why this country fails. Now stop crying you big ass babies and get over it your cheap im cheap. Not an insult, it just all your fault we lost the 3g option. AMAZON WINS.



I don't appreciate coming onto this board and getting called a big ass baby.  How does this even fly under the code of conduct this board supposedly has. 


And the tags he's put on people's posts.  I would say that it's because Sam isn't working anymore today, because she's been really good about taking care of such blatant violations of the guidelines.  But I've reported him numerous times over the last six months, as have others, and nothing's ever been done about him.  Sadly, he's actually been comparatively nice to everyone in this thread.  UGH.

Frequent Contributor
roy257
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎12-22-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.

[ Edited ]

wait a minute im not doing that tag thin whats wrong with you people saying its me Im going to report nal for saying it was me.

Inspired Correspondent
mpclemens
Posts: 89
Registered: ‎05-27-2011
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.

[ Edited ]

roy257 wrote:

wait a minute im not doing that tag thin whats wrong with you people saying its me Im going to report nal for saying it was me.


Clicking a tag shows who applied it to the post. Denial won't change that -- only removing the tags will.

 

Clicking a username shows all the tags they've attached to other posts.

 

It's a nice system. Ferrets out trollish behavior.

Frequent Contributor
roy257
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎12-22-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.

if you don't want to be insulted stick with the subject,

 

 

i wish there was an option for a 3g nook touch.

Inspired Correspondent
mpclemens
Posts: 89
Registered: ‎05-27-2011
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.


roy257 wrote:

if you don't want to be insulted stick with the subject,

 

 

i wish there was an option for a 3g nook touch


I'll do my best to stay on topic and avoid insults. They're so pointless on Internet forums.

 

You'll probably get more traction from B&N making a request directly to them. Have you tried contacting customer service directly?

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
Posts: 2,356
Registered: ‎12-25-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.


roy257 wrote:

if you don't want to be insulted stick with the subject,

 

 

i wish there was an option for a 3g nook touch.



Really? You're the one that called all of us cheap and then you say to stay on subject.  We're not cheap.  Paying for a service that isn't needed doesn't make us cheap it makes us smart with our money.  When N1E was 149 and 199 for models that is a big price jump.  Ad another 30 to 40 dollars for a nice carrying cover to protect it, then your book purchases the Nook is an investment.  

 

As I said before if I knew I could get by without the 3G I would had gotten the wifi only model back in December.  I don't have a problem with 3G not moving forward, the sales show that it wasn't selling well enough to keep it on the market anyways.  

 

As a business especially in the current state of the economy if a product is not selling well they have to drop it because they can't afford it these days.  

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Frequent Contributor
roy257
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎12-22-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.

[ Edited ]

(Really? You're the one that called all of us cheap and then you say to stay on subject.  We're not cheap.  Paying for a service that isn't needed doesn't make us cheap it makes us smart with our money. )

 

thats the definition of cheap or am i missing something?

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
Posts: 2,356
Registered: ‎12-25-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.


roy257 wrote:

(Really? You're the one that called all of us cheap and then you say to stay on subject.  We're not cheap.  Paying for a service that isn't needed doesn't make us cheap it makes us smart with our money. )

 

thats the definition of cheap or am i missing something?


 

No that's the definition of fugal.  Cheap would be buying a lower quality item just to save money.  The N1E wifi only isn't lower quality it's the same device.  So that's not cheap.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Inspired Correspondent
mpclemens
Posts: 89
Registered: ‎05-27-2011
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.

I'm sure your call/email to B&N Cust Service was recorded/entered into a computer. I'm not sure what else you're expecting. Maybe talk to a clerk in the store about how much you'd like 3G in the N2E. Try sending a private message to Sam, the Community Manager.

Frequent Contributor
roy257
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎12-22-2010
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.

 (Cheap would be buying a lower quality item just to save money.  The N1E wifi only isn't lower quality it's the same device.  So that's not cheap.)

 

wrong it is, it does not come with 3g so it is lower service, you are not making any sense ,please stop.