Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Re: God I wish there was a 3g option to Nook touch.

roy257 wrote:

(Cheap would be buying a lower quality item just to save money.  The N1E wifi only isn't lower quality it's the same device.  So that's not cheap.)

wrong it is, it does not come with 3g so it is lower service, you are not making any sense ,please stop.

A service that isn't needed,  so when you consider the value of 3G isn't all that important for many, that makes two N1E's equal in quality which does it make sense roy to pay for a service you don't need?  That's not cheap, that's being responsible with your money

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,247
0 Kudos

Is cheap relative?

gqb wrote:

Oh my, this is one of the stupidest threads I've ever read and I'm going to add to it.

Me too ...

For several weeks I have been looking on Craigslist for a used but nice N1E, and today I found one for $75 (like new in box): http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/bks/2453242849.html

I only wanted WiFi, and that's what the seller said it was, but when I got it home I found out it also has 3G.  DARN!  So, I clearly spent way more money than I should have, and that clearly disproves Roy's claim that WiFi-only buyers are cheap.

Now, if I could only disprove his claim that he's only going to give B&N one more chance ...

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

roy257 wrote:

wait a minute im not doing that tag thin whats wrong with you people saying its me Im going to report nal for saying it was me.

roy257,

YOU put a tag on my post where I said I did not appreciate being called an ass.  All I have to do is click on the tag and it shows me WHO placed the tag.  IT WAS YOU stop lying.  IT SHOWS ME THE NAME.  Not a hard concept.

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
0 Kudos

Wordsmith
KingAl
0 Kudos

roy257 wrote:

(Cheap would be buying a lower quality item just to save money.  The N1E wifi only isn't lower quality it's the same device.  So that's not cheap.)

wrong it is, it does not come with 3g so it is lower service, you are not making any sense ,please stop.

You're the one who doesn't make sense.  I know this is beyond your limited intelligence, but some people never use 3G, so they don't want to pay for it. That is not lower service, but paying only for what you use.

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

I'm done with you Roy, you are like a broken record that can't get past that bad skipping spot.  You keep whining and complaining about nonsense it won't change the fact that 3G is on its way out.  One it doesn't sell as well, and Two because 4G will end all 3G device functions anyways.  So get a life

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Wordsmith
LectorGS

Members of the forum,  please note that people like roy live for attention.  All we have to do is to ignore his perennial rantings and participate in forums that are marked by an atmosphere of mutual respect and a desire of helping each other.  As some one else said earlier to roy:  "Get a life" and I add:  "keep reading your Kindle 3G."

Lector GS
Frequent Contributor
roy257
0 Kudos

it is lower service , my god you people are something else.even if you don't use it,it's still needed.Please get smarter or don't reply at all.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

roy257 wrote:

it is lower service , my god you people are something else.even if you don't use it,it's still needed.Please get smarter or don't reply at all.

You may need it. How hard is it for you to understand that may, many people don't need 3G at all? I don't need it and I don't use my 3G NOOK anymore.  Of course, I have no issue figuring out how to make my router work with my devices and am perfectly willing and able to upgrade my router whenever necessary.  I'm also willing and able to pay for a WiFi tether so I can connect whenever I want to without expecting a company to foot the bill for me.
I'm sorry that you consistently have issues with the fact that people have no desire to jump on your bandwagon.  I'm sorry you can't handle it when people disagree with you and have no idea what it means to have a civil disagreement without attacking others.  But these are your issues.  You post on a public message board you're going to have to learn to deal with differing opinions.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

roy257 wrote:

But if the majority of users don't use it, how is it still needed?

Frequent Contributor
MikeNC
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

roy257 wrote:

If YOU need it, and since we know you are not cheap, just get a MIFI, pay the dang data contract fees and be done with it.

Distinguished Correspondent
SLevine

This conversation has been 'frozen' because of select users' violations of the Community Guidelines. Appropriate actions have been taken to remove the responsible parties from our community here. 

Thanks.  -Sam