Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Google Chrome fixes these boards

Wow.  

Google just released the latest version of the Chrome browser, and it REALLY makes a big difference on these boards.  

Boy it is FAST.

I like Chrome for these boards because it ignores the stupid Lithium Spell checker disabling and does on the fly spell checking.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Re: Google Chrome fixes these boards

I've been using the Beta for quite a while now and have noticed the same thing.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

Wow is an understatement, icebike. I just downloaded the software and the difference is remarkable!

Thanks for posting. :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
rfruth
0 Kudos

I use Chrome on my Linux & Win 7 box, only way 2 fly !

N1E - HD+ soon ?
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,954
0 Kudos

Chrome has basically been spanking the crap out of everything since it came out. The only thing I really miss from Firefox was the Adblock/NoScript combo, there's no good alternatives for any other browsers at the moment.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Yeah, I like Chrome, too.  Unfortunately, it still doesn't accommodate my Norton toolbar, though.  Guess I'll have to stick with Firefox for a while longer.  At least it's not iExplorer. :smileysad:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Contributor
PecosLP
0 Kudos

Thanks icebke!  

I just downloaded Chrome and the speed is amazing.  Before, it felt like I was using dial up and the page load time on this board was excruciatingly slow.  Not anymore!  Goodbye IE8.

Thanks again for posting.

Contributor
Just_the_facts_Maam
0 Kudos

I had been thinking about downloading Chrome for awhile, this thread convinced me and yes, you are all correct, it is very, very fast!  Thanks!

Inspired Wordsmith
Ozman69
0 Kudos

I've used Chrome since it came out, so I've never noticed any speed increase on these forums.  Guess I got spoiled from how fast it is without even knowing it.

The above is based upon my opinion... yours may vary!
Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Ozman69 wrote:

I've used Chrome since it came out, so I've never noticed any speed increase on these forums.  Guess I got spoiled from how fast it is without even knowing it.

Well unless you were using the Unstable version you should have seen a big speed improvement on Tuesday when Google released 5.0.375.  That is when the major speed boost went public (non-beta).

I've been using Chrome since the Pleistocene as well, and it has always beat Firefox, which in turn always beat MSIE, but this latest release makes a huge difference on these boards (which are laggy).

Linux and Mac versions are also newly updated.  Scores perfect on Acid3 as well.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

That's interesting.  My beta version is 5.0.375.55 as well.  Has the release version caught up to the beta now?

►Without order there is chaos◄