Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Google Chrome fixes these boards

Wow.  

Google just released the latest version of the Chrome browser, and it REALLY makes a big difference on these boards.  

Boy it is FAST.

I like Chrome for these boards because it ignores the stupid Lithium Spell checker disabling and does on the fly spell checking.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
0 Kudos

Re: Google Chrome fixes these boards

I've been using the Beta for quite a while now and have noticed the same thing.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

Wow is an understatement, icebike. I just downloaded the software and the difference is remarkable!

Thanks for posting. :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
rfruth
0 Kudos

I use Chrome on my Linux & Win 7 box, only way 2 fly !

N1E - HD+ soon ?
flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,879
0 Kudos

Chrome has basically been spanking the crap out of everything since it came out. The only thing I really miss from Firefox was the Adblock/NoScript combo, there's no good alternatives for any other browsers at the moment.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Yeah, I like Chrome, too.  Unfortunately, it still doesn't accommodate my Norton toolbar, though.  Guess I'll have to stick with Firefox for a while longer.  At least it's not iExplorer. :smileysad:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Contributor
PecosLP
0 Kudos

Thanks icebke!  

I just downloaded Chrome and the speed is amazing.  Before, it felt like I was using dial up and the page load time on this board was excruciatingly slow.  Not anymore!  Goodbye IE8.

Thanks again for posting.

Contributor
Just_the_facts_Maam
0 Kudos

I had been thinking about downloading Chrome for awhile, this thread convinced me and yes, you are all correct, it is very, very fast!  Thanks!

Inspired Wordsmith
Ozman69
0 Kudos

I've used Chrome since it came out, so I've never noticed any speed increase on these forums.  Guess I got spoiled from how fast it is without even knowing it.

The above is based upon my opinion... yours may vary!
Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Ozman69 wrote:

I've used Chrome since it came out, so I've never noticed any speed increase on these forums.  Guess I got spoiled from how fast it is without even knowing it.

Well unless you were using the Unstable version you should have seen a big speed improvement on Tuesday when Google released 5.0.375.  That is when the major speed boost went public (non-beta).

I've been using Chrome since the Pleistocene as well, and it has always beat Firefox, which in turn always beat MSIE, but this latest release makes a huge difference on these boards (which are laggy).

Linux and Mac versions are also newly updated.  Scores perfect on Acid3 as well.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
0 Kudos

That's interesting.  My beta version is 5.0.375.55 as well.  Has the release version caught up to the beta now?

►Without order there is chaos◄