Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Tweedledee
0 Kudos

Re: Help?! 2 weeks, 4 calls and an email to Customer Service with NO results.

[ Edited ]

There are Hummel's and there are Kimmel's ......

"This item is a Vintage FRANKLIN HEIRLOOM "Original Lorraine Kimmel" Porcelain Collectors Doll On Stand, Includes Original Box."

edited:  Other Kimmel Limoges type - 

"This beautiful Limoges Ferner is as close to mint condition as you can get. It is a gorgeous Delinieres mold - a fine company. The nicely scalloped body is supported by 4 lovely outwardly curving ornate feet. This beauty is painted and signed by known artist Kimmel - I have seen a lot of his work; he was probably associated with some of the American decorating studios. The quality of china painting is superb, with "Bischoff" style Rose clusters surrounded by excellently painted leaves and fernery and accented with Blue Forget Me Nots. The Roses surround the body of the Ferner. The scalloped rim and Rococo feet are painted in outstanding old Roman Gold - which still gleams like the day it was fired"

Forgot there was that other fellow Kimmel slinging clay as well.

Hummel is better known - however there is the lesser known Kimmel (Franklin Mint) - also cheaper than a true Hummel or for that matter real "Blue Willow" ware. 

The Limoges Kimmel is probably more expensive than the Franklin type - but all in all, they all gather dust.

Ex-Mother-In-Law education - note the operative word - "Ex".

May I please keep my colander - it is quite handy when the porcelain is flying... :smileyhappy:

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
Bertrand Russell
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

You may keep your Colander... :smileyhappy:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

tophatHK wrote:

I purchased nook color on Saturday It is now Wednesday I still cannot get it registered.B&N has the worst customer service reps I have ever encountered.Aside from not being able to understand the accent do, not try to talk to a supervisor .The wait is at least 20 minutes.If you ask for an American rep you become a pariah They are supposed to connect to an American as soon as possible I had one rep refuse to give me his I.D.These people are programmed to do it one way,They all do it the same way It does not matter that it does not work.After  5 days I am returning my 250 dollar piece of crap and buying a Kimmel.Iam also telling everone what a lousy system B&N has Word of mouth is a powerful tool

Hey, troll:  enjoy your "Kimmel" ... and... bye!!

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Contributor
05MAKO
0 Kudos

It seems help is not in the B&N policy. I bought a Nook in Feb of 2010 and the forward buttons cracked. Contacted B&N and they said send it back. So I did that was on the 12th of Nov. 2010 and I'm still waiting for them to return a refurbed one or the one I sent them back to me. I have spent 12 hrs of my life and since I was out of the country over the holidays I called CS using a calling card (approx. $80) and still nothing. It's going on two and a half months with no results or no Nook. I have talked to several CR and still nothing. I am so dissappointed in B&N I could scream. I have tried everything e-mail, phone calls talking to supervisors nothing. It's know wonder the company has been for sale it's impossible to get any type of help from CS.