Correspondent
rfruth
0 Kudos

Re: Hey BN These are the Options We Want!

good stuff, is there a place the bug list, todo list, wish list is at ?

N1E - HD+ soon ?
Distinguished Wordsmith
eDigest
0 Kudos

rfruth wrote:

good stuff, is there a place the bug list, todo list, wish list is at ?

I suggested a bug list in December ... and January ... and February ...

Apparently, input about bugs from the user community is a low priority.

New User
lostore
0 Kudos

the included dictionary works very poorly - I could stand the time to locate a word, but it way too often doesn't find the word.  I read somewhere that the dictionary could be changed.  Is this possible with the current software ?  thanks

Frequent Contributor
Unburnt
0 Kudos

I played with a friend's rooted nook. I was especially interested in the my book feature. However, the execution was extremely disappointing. The cover flow worked fine, but it also displayed the title in a little popup. The title popup was incredibly laggy. I would scroll through and the titles would be five or six behind. I exited out of it and it still displayed titles for a few seconds afterwards. It was so annoying that I decided against rooting my nook. This was before the fix for the 1.2 not reading PDFs was found, and I was considering it just to have access to half of my ebooks again. That experience convinced me not too.

Contributor
harih
0 Kudos

you are talking about the first version of that software. There were more bug fixes released after that.

Correspondent
illmunkeys
0 Kudos

Unburnt wrote:

I played with a friend's rooted nook.... This was before the fix for the 1.2 not reading PDFs was found, and I was considering it just to have access to half of my ebooks again. That experience convinced me not too.

When you're playing around with a rooted nook, you're using extremely beta software.  From what I saw of their CoverFlow implementation, it wasn't done well - the RSS and Calibre integration were awesome, though.