Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Tweedledee
0 Kudos

Re: How do I close my B&N Account?

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

Andy, you know she'll be back in two weeks asking why she can't access her books.

Just sayin'.

OMH - the Twilight Zone theme is now resounding in my head - can not get it out.....AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! (that was my allottment of !s for the month)  :smileyvery-happy:

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
Bertrand Russell
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

uh-oh, if that is your allotment of !s for the month i am waaay over my limit!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Correspondent
Andromeda208
0 Kudos

Barbara1955 wrote:

Its RUDE of you to be STALKING me around the site Making Snide remarks about EVERY remark I make Good or Bad!  Your the one being an ASS!

Not to be rude, but WHO is stalking WHO?  You are here being rude and abusive to the very people you are asking for help from of stalking.  If you are angry with B&N, that's your problem, but don't take it out on us.

Wordsmith
KingAl
0 Kudos

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

Andy, you know she'll be back in two weeks asking why she can't access her books.

Just sayin'.

That long? I'll place my bet on 10 days.

Frequent Contributor
Barbara1955
0 Kudos

Andy sent you pm!!  Thanks for your help!   I DELETED ALL my books from the Account WEEKS ago....  Even the paid for books!  And I have weeks ago tried to Delete my son credit card from the account... HE finnally had the Bank remove it from His account!  DONE DONE DONE

Please Andy just get them to remove ALL my information from B&N reccords!!  Thanks!!  Please email me when its done THANKS!!

Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

[shudder]...too early in the morning...

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook

shilohMD wrote:

ha ha shiloh

I started to reply 3 times this morning and each time thought 'nah, just too much work and not worth it...'

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

RSC_Nook wrote:

shilohMD wrote:

ha ha shiloh

I started to reply 3 times this morning and each time thought 'nah, just too much work and not worth it...'

Account closed.  Thread dead?  (Please, please)

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

We can now potentially see more activity from someone who wants to close their account than from those of us who have active accounts...

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

We can now potentially see more activity from someone who wants to close their account than from those of us who have active accounts...

:smileyhappy:

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Barbara1955 wrote:

Its RUDE of you to be STALKING me around the site Making Snide remarks about EVERY remark I make Good or Bad!  Your the one being an *beep*

Well, I can't imagining who is stalking you but if it is tweedledee I think they are trying to help.

I'm sorry you are having a bad experience but you should try to control your temper especially on here.

(posts can never be deleted on here)

Mother Teresa
Francis of Assisi

New User
juneman
0 Kudos

I just opened an account to h&n just to find out that I cannot delete my credit card information after purchase and throughout the whole forum this is the most imformational advice I can go by...the other comments are just unnecessary i.m.o

Inspired Correspondent
jaquellae
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

You can delete your credit card information. To do so, click on the "My Account" link at the top of the page. Then click on the "Manage Credit Cards" link (about halfway down the page in the "Payment Info" section. You may have to put your password into the logon area again for this link to click thru. Click on the link representing your card (it should be in green stating something like "DI ***1234 exp. 1/12". There then should be a "delete this card" link on that page.

Just a side note: If you've bought any nook books, I'd suggest downloading them to your nook and/or computer before you do this. B&N's DRM (copyright protection) requires that you have an active credit card number on file to open download the books. If you'd still like access to your accounts and are worried about having an active credit card info just floating out in cyberspace, you can get one of those prepaid credit cards that allow an address to be linked it.

New User
Insane_Vanity
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am as luckless in this as anyone else.