Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Barbara1955
0 Kudos

How do I close my B&N Account?

Emails telling them to close it dont seem to work! 

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518

Re: How do I close my B&N Account?

Can't you just stop using it?  It doesn't cost anything.  If you get emails just unsubscribe to them as they come in.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Frequent Contributor
want2know
0 Kudos

Remove your credit card number and info.

Frequent Contributor
Barbara1955
0 Kudos

Done that! 

I dont want the Junk Mail!  5 this morning just from B&N!!!

Frequent Contributor
ph10
0 Kudos

If you're receiving junk email,

• you can set up an email rule to move it to a delete or junk folder and globally delete once a week, month etc
  • you can change your email to something that is not yours, e.g from me@aol.com to me@aol.net
  • you can mark the emails as spam

If you're receiving snail junk mail, you should be able to call customer service and request to be removed from their mailing list.  Sometimes this can take up to 6 weeks.

HTH

Inspired Wordsmith
gstone

Barbara1955 wrote:

Done that! 

I dont want the Junk Mail!  5 this morning just from B&N!!!

To stop email notices;

Select Change Communications Preferences

Under Send me notices and communications about:
Change the radio button to No.

Under Contact me by:
Uncheck each box.

Press the Save Changes button.

Wordsmith
Tweedledee
0 Kudos

@Barbara1955

At the bottom of the e-mail in very small, like really small print is a phrase "Click Here to unsubscribe".

If you click on the underlined portion of the phrase and follow where it takes you you can unsubscribe to all of the e-mails, along with filtering, this should remove the flow of e-mail from Barnes & Noble your mailbox.

By the way this is true on just about every e-mail advertisement that you receive, they are required to offer the option to "opt out".

What I find amazing is that you still come here and want nothing, nada, zilch to do with Barnes and Noble...IMHO it just makes no sense.  Very confusing  :smileysurprised:

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
Bertrand Russell
Frequent Contributor
Barbara1955
0 Kudos

What I find amazing is that you still come here and want nothing, nada, zilch to do with Barnes and Noble...IMHO it just makes no sense.  Very confusing  :smileysurprised:

DUH!  IF I COULD CLOSE THE ACCOUNT I WOULDNT BE HERE!!  [this time i am yelling!] 

To the rest thanks!!!

Wordsmith
shilohMD

Barbara1955 wrote:

DUH!  IF I COULD CLOSE THE ACCOUNT I WOULDNT BE HERE!!  [this time i am yelling!] 

To the rest thanks!!!

If you didn't come here, you wouldn't need the account,,,:smileyindifferent:

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Frequent Contributor
Barbara1955
0 Kudos

I am on sooo  many forums I dont need to come here.  But is addicting when there are sooo many good helpful people here!!   Just 1 bad apple ...  that like to stalk me!   And since I wont deal with B&N no sence in being here.   

Wordsmith
Tweedledee
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@Barbara1955

You know I am trying to help and you are just plain down right rude, sorry to say that we all have tried to help you.  Frankly you should just be plain down right ashamed at your poor behavior.  IMHO no smiley with this one.

Or else you are just immune to curtesy and civility?

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
Bertrand Russell
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

Barbara1955 wrote:

Its RUDE of you to be STALKING me around the site Making Snide remarks about EVERY remark I make Good or Bad!  Your the one being an ASS!

Really?  Foul language name-calling?  Please go away.

If you've removed your credit card, and unsubscribed to the email, you should be good.  If  you completely close your account you won't be able to read your purchased books through NOOK for PC.

So, in effect, you've done all you need to.  Now please begin acting like the adult you claim to be.  Children call each other (foul) names.  Adults don't. 

Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

Barbara1955 wrote:

Its RUDE of you to be STALKING me around the site Making Snide remarks about EVERY remark I make Good or Bad!  Your the one being an ASS!

Italics, bold, and now profane...you are annoying and inappropriate...I have notified the Moderator

Please go away if you can't be civilized.

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
BN_Andy

Barbara, please send me a PM with the email address your account is under and confirmation that you want me to delete it.  Thank you.

Correspondent
BooksOnTheKnob
0 Kudos

Hopefully it takes a bit more than that -- that the email actually come from the address that is being requested to close, for example (otherwise, you might be closing an another person's account, perhaps an ex-boyfriend's, for example).

However, hey - welcome to the board. I was starting to think it was abandoned by B&N, what with no moderators ever stopping by, lately.

Karen
Books on the Knob
http://blog.booksontheknob.org
BN_Andy
0 Kudos

Hi Karen.  Thx for the welcome.  Don't worry, I wouldn't just haphazardly delete an account without verifying the information. 

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

Andy, you know she'll be back in two weeks asking why she can't access her books.

Just sayin'.

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

Andy, you know she'll be back in two weeks asking why she can't access her books.

Just sayin'.

:smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

shilohMD wrote:

And thank you for my 100th laurel.

Total Laurels Received 100

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Wordsmith
shilohMD

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

shilohMD wrote:

And thank you for my 100th laurel.

Total Laurels Received 100

You're welcome!

Remember:  He who rests on his laurels is wearing them in the wrong place.