Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
SarahMclovin
0 Kudos

How do I delete sample books off of my Nook?

It's really annoying, and I  can't quite figure it out. Thanks!

Inspired Contributor
writeway
0 Kudos

Re: How do I delete sample books off of my Nook?

Delete them from your library at B&N and they should disappear from your nook.

New User
SarahMclovin
0 Kudos

I would have never figured out something so easy! Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
jdarnold
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Not trying to be wise or anything (really I'm not! :manvery-happy: ) but it is mentioned in the user guide that is on your Nook. I highly recommend reading through it, even if I think it isn't very well organized. I think too much unncessary stuff is up front and the things you really want to know, like how to use your nook, are towards the end.

New User
magoo13
0 Kudos

Does this also work for the NOOK Simple Touch Reader? (All touch NOOK)

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

To completely delete any B&N ebook from any nook (first edition, color, or new 2nd edition) you need to go to the 'My NOOK Library' link under 'My Account'.
Be careful you don't delete something by mistake though, you would then have to repurchase it.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

magoo13 wrote:

Does this also work for the NOOK Simple Touch Reader? (All touch NOOK)

Yes, deleting of books is done from the web site. The web site is the control for your books from B&N

Inspired Contributor
jpcapili
0 Kudos

how do you delete the nook guides then? I have the nook touch.

Correspondent
ChipPM
0 Kudos

The guides can not be deleted. Don't let it bother you. They don't take up that much room and you might need them one day.

Contributor
scoobysmom
0 Kudos

How do I delete library books off my NookE2??

I can delete off the original nook but am having trouble with the NookE2.

Thankyou

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

scoobysmom wrote:

How do I delete library books off my NookE2??

I can delete off the original nook but am having trouble with the NookE2.

Thankyou

Have to connect to your computer to delete library book.
New User
pdxreads
0 Kudos

If you're using Adobe Digital Edition for your library downloads, you can both return and delete as option on each books icon.

New User
Cami10
0 Kudos

Thanks your really smart i just ignored that and now i know how to work this and your smart
New User
PCom
0 Kudos

Re: Deleting Archived and Sample Books from the Nook

I have tried deleting both Sample Books and Archieved Books from my Color Nook by trying to delete them from my list on the Barnes and Noble site.  The problem is that, although the books show up on my Color Nook, they do not appear anywhere on list on the BN site.  All the rest of the books appear there, just not the two that I would like to delete permanently.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

New User
Jackiemonster
0 Kudos

It's good that someone found it in the Nook user guide. I read through enough to know what i was doing with everything else and i tried every key word i could think of to try to find how to delete the samples and couldn't find it.. But i'm sure if I had more patience it would've worked out better. thanks!

New User
AK0112358
0 Kudos

If it is a Nook 1st Edition, go onto Barnes and Noble's website, then go to 'My Nook' and select the NookBook you would like to delete. Select 'Delete' and go back to your Nook. Once you open your library, select the option 'Check for new B&N Content'; it should update your library, thus deleting the sample.

I hope this helps!

New User
Polish
0 Kudos

New User
buzzJL
0 Kudos

New User
Godadoptedme
0 Kudos

I deleted the sample books from the library on BN.com and they are still on my Nook color. what did I do wrong?

New User
Godadoptedme
0 Kudos

never mind it worked