Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Kira71
0 Kudos

How do I download a book from BN to Nook

I just got this thing today and have no clue how to use it. I ordered a free book and have no clue how to download to my nook went to my onlline library and clicked download and nothing happened. They have a valid credit card on file for me, which is needed from what I understand. What the heck? Thanks!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: How do I download a book from BN to Nook

Kira71 wrote:

I just got this thing today and have no clue how to use it. I ordered a free book and have no clue how to download to my nook went to my onlline library and clicked download and nothing happened. They have a valid credit card on file for me, which is needed from what I understand. What the heck? Thanks!

Is your nook registered?  Do you have airplane mode off?  Is wifi enabled and working?  Did you go to "My Library," "My B&N Library" on the nook and "Check for new content"?

Going to your online library and clicking download will not download that book to your nook.

Have you read the manual?  That's usually a good place to start.

Inspired Wordsmith
gstone
0 Kudos

The B&N servers were pretty messed up yesterday. I wasn't even able to log into my account on this site without receiving a message Server to Busy.

You may want to try unregistering your nook and registering it again.

New User
jaimieVA
0 Kudos

there is a sync button in your nook library all you do is push and it should work i think everyone is having problems right now my sync button has been going all day long and still hasn't downloaded my books from the website? Can't use the website for help it sucks and i was on hold for over an hour this morning so it the sync button doesnt work wait a couple days and try to call

Inspired Correspondent
emtgirlCV
0 Kudos

Ig you registered your Nook correctly ( your computer pass word/router number ) you should have absolutly NO problem ! First of all do you have wi fi in your home ( I know it sounds silly to ask, but I know people that had gotten a Kindle, but still have AOL etc... in their homes, and it wouldn'nt work for them ) once registered as soon at you hit the  " Buy Me " button it should go right into your Nook. Some times it takes a few minutes. But it's really easy. Or it should be !:smileyindifferent: May you should call the Tech department at B&N