Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
iambrad
0 Kudos

How long did it take yours to ship?

I ordered mine on Friday. I got the email saying it had shipped that evening. The email looks like that means that BN just has it ready and passed off to be picked up by the shipping company.

So I figured there wouldn't be a saturday pickup, but I checked the tracking info anyway. Just as I suspected, but surely it would update Monday. Well it is now Monday, and no updates so far. How long does it generally take?

It's not that I mind waiting so much, but the not knowing is killing me. lol

Of course, three minutes after I post this it will probably update. :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
love_my_karma
0 Kudos

Re: How long did it take yours to ship?

I have a serious issue with delayed gratification, so I was thrilled to learn that Best Buy (local store is about 1/4 mile from home) was selling the Nook, and went right over and bought one.

We don't have a local BN, so this was a great alternative for me. I hope yours arrives soon.:smileyhappy:

She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain. (1873)
~ Louisa May Alcott ~
Correspondent
iambrad
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

lol lucky you. My nearest Best Buy is around 35 miles away, and is about a mile from the nearest B&N. Heck, the closest thing I have to a book store is about 15 miles away at the local wal-mart or grocery store. That's mostly why I want the reader.

It bugs me that they sent a shipping confirmation at 3PM Eastern time Friday, and I have yet to see anything updated in the tracking info at the link they sent. You would think an item that "has been shipped", would at least be with the shipping company and in their system by now.

I'm sure it's somewhere in the process of being sent. It's the just not knowing that is getting to me.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

The shipping companies sometimes don't update their tracking info until late that evening, so you may see it updated later tonite or tomorrow morning.  At this point, it's up to the shipping company to update the info.

And mine took a month and half to ship, but I got it for Christmas back when they were backordered. :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
psjcal
0 Kudos

When mine shipped last Feb. I received a notice that it would arrive 2/5 (a Friday) between 9 am & 5 pm. I stayed home all day anxiously waiting. At 4:30 I called & was told it was "on the truck" but if it wasn't delivered that day it would be delivered Monday. I was not a happy camper. It arrived at 6:50 pm that day. Our B&N is only 2 miles away but they did not carry the nook till much later.

Scribe
frantastk
0 Kudos

I've noticed that frequently shipping companies don't update the shipping info until I actual already have my package in my hand.  LOL  UPS will sometimes update in the evening, but it is';t always very reliable.  USPS is the worst.  I've checked their tracking (why they give tracking info on the website if it isn't accurate is a mystery to me) after I already had the package and it has still said that it hasn't left anywhere yet. FedEx's shipping has been the most confusing. It will track my package going up and down the East Coast for about a week before finally getting to me.  Every time.  I live near a major US city, with a Fed Ex depot down the street from my house!

Fran

Correspondent
iambrad
0 Kudos

Just got off the phone with B&N. Looks like you guys were right. They say the order shipped Friday, and DHL has it. That would mean that DHL has had it for 4 days with no updates. I know they don't do deliveries on sundays, but most carriers still process items internally 7 days a week.

aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggg!!!!

Correspondent
love_my_karma
0 Kudos

Doesn't DHL contract with USPS? 

Where I live, DHL will pick up the item from the sender, and then deliver it to the USPS sorting center, where it is sent out for delivery with the rest of the local mail.

Just a thought, so watch for the mail carrier.:smileywink:

She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain. (1873)
~ Louisa May Alcott ~