Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
doggiemom2
0 Kudos

How many Nooks can you have on one account?

I didn't see this question anywhere.

Does anyone know how many Nooks can be on one account? I would like to share an account with my daughter (haven't book her a Nook, yet). We read the same books and not all the books are lendable.

~♥~Amy~♥~
:smileytongue: "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole." Roger Carras
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: How many Nooks can you have on one account?

doggiemom2 wrote:

Does anyone know how many Nooks can be on one account? I would like to share an account with my daughter (haven't book her a Nook, yet). We read the same books and not all the books are lendable.

I believe up to six sources (i.e., if you have the B&N reader on your computer, I believe that counts as one, but I could be wrong).

You may be interested in checking out this post on pros and cons on sharing accounts.  

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Technical-Support/Two-Nook-Household/m-p/520027#M9786

Happy reading.  :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
0 Kudos

doggiemom2 wrote:

up to six I believe.

setting up both nooks to the same account IMO is the easiest way,

BUT I will mention there is a second option, especially if keeping somewhat seperate libraries yet still wanting to share books is a desire

you can both set up your OWN B&N account, but then download books (best to use nook for pc application) from Nook A and then move to My Documents folder on Nook B

below is a huge thread many others have contributed to, you may want to read through this and see if this is anotehr way you may want to go.  using the same account has its advantages, and setting up different accounts has its advantages. 

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Technical-Support/Two-Nook-Household/td-p/520007

Contributor
doggiemom2
0 Kudos

Thank you, both, for your help. :smileyhappy:

~♥~Amy~♥~
:smileytongue: "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole." Roger Carras
Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@doggiemom2

Six devices. 

That means any combination of Nooks, NookColors, Nook for PC, smartphones, tablets or any other device that can run the B&N Nook app, adding up to a total of six or less.  :smileyhappy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015

ABthree wrote:

six or less

Or fewer!! (Heh. I do so love being pedantic.)

ABthree
0 Kudos

Doug_Pardee wrote:

ABthree wrote:

six or less

Or fewer!! (Heh. I do so love being pedantic.)

And succeed famously!  Color me embarrassed.  :smileyvery-happy:

-- St. Basil the Great+
Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

Where are you getting the six limit from??? 

As I understand it, B&N DRM is tied to your Credit Card and name, and not the number of devices on the account.

Now Adobe DE is tied to your account and there is a six device limit on that.

ABthree
0 Kudos

MusicmanGG wrote:

Where are you getting the six limit from??? 

As I understand it, B&N DRM is tied to your Credit Card and name, and not the number of devices on the account.

Now Adobe DE is tied to your account and there is a six device limit on that.

I believe that it was published at one point by the former Administrator here, but I'm too lazy to look it up -- no dog in that fight.  In fact, I never knew that it WAS a fight until this post.

When you hook up your seventh device to your account and it works, be sure to let the rest of us know.  :smileywink:

-- St. Basil the Great+
Distinguished Wordsmith
DiAnneInDover
0 Kudos

I've always heard that it is six devices as well.  However, I am not so sure that B&N follows that. 

With my account, I have:

I have two Nook devices

Nook for PC on at least my old laptop and my new laptop (both are still functional, but I only use the new one)

Nook for Android on my daughter's Droid X (which she is no longer using but is still accessible)

Nook for Android on my daughter's Evo (which replaced the X)

Nook for Blackberry my other daughter's Storm (which is not being used anymore, but Nook still works)

Nook for Android on that daughter's new Epic

Nook for Android on my old Fascinate (not being used anymore but Nook app still works)

Nook for Android on my new Epic

Nook for Android on my Mom's Epic.

So, even though we have two Nook devices, one computer, and four Android apps that all work currently, our old cell phones (three of them) still have functional Nook apps on them that have not yet been deactivated. 

We all live in the same household and I don't feel dishonest about sharing the one account among all four of us, but I was very happy to discover that at 7 current devices, we're still okay, even with the 10 total.