Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Peakbagr
0 Kudos

How to install Micro SD card in new color Nook?

Any tips? Can't find the operating manual and YouTube only has installation instructions for non color Nook.

Thanks

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: How to install Micro SD card in new color Nook?

[ Edited ]

The User's Guide is on the Nook Color itself. There is also a link to it under the support section for the Nook Color on the main B&N website.

This is the forum for the Nook Classic e-ink models. Card insertion is completely different between the two devices.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe

Peakbagr wrote:

Any tips? Can't find the operating manual and YouTube only has installation instructions for non color Nook.

Thanks

Here's where you can find the user guide.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookcolor/support/index.asp?bnit=H&bnrefer=HOMEPAGE&cds2Pid=35607

This is the nook general discussion and I don't have a NookColor, so I can't help more than that, sorry.

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

Peakbagr wrote:

Thanks

There is a small trap door on the lower left corner behind the "loop".  Turn the NC over, lift the cover with your finger and slide the card in.

Page 83:

Inserting a Memory Card
To install a memory card in your NOOKcolor, do this:
1. Lay your NOOKcolor face down on a clean, level surface.
2. Find the small gray lid on the corner of your NOOKcolor closest to the open corner with the curved bar. Using
your finger tip, gently pull the lip open, folding it flat against the back of the device.
3. Hold the memory card gently between your thumb and forefinger, logo-side up. Gently guide the card into the
slot.
4. Push gently against the card, guiding it into the slot until it clicks into place.
5. Close the small gray lid and snap it into place.

New User
Xbeanie68
0 Kudos

THANK YOU!  I searched the owners manual for micro sd and external memory without results.  I would have spent forever trying to find that cleverly hidden little door.

New User
thejellybean2003
0 Kudos

I have already installed the memory card.  Now what?  I can't figure out how to put anything on it.  There doesn't seem to be a way to add books or games to the card when downloading to the nook.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

You are in the wrong forum.  See this.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color/ct-p/NOOKcolortest

But the quick answer to your question is no, you can't download B&N books or games directly to the card.  However, some apps do require that you have a card installed (as the app, by default, will save to the card.  Evernote for example.)