New User
kitty123
0 Kudos

How to personalize screensaver/wallpaper on Nook Simple Touch?

I just got my Nook The Simple Touch Reader yesterday, and so far, I love it! I was reading somewhere that you could personalize your screensaver/wallpaper on your Nook so I was wondering how. Thanks for all the help in advance :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Re: How to personalize screensaver/wallpaper on Nook Simple Touch?

You connect your Nook to your PC or Mac, you place pictures in My wallpaper folder.  Now for screensavers however there's a my screensaver folder but you have to place pictures for screensaver in a different folder then place it into that folder.  That is if this is hasn't changed cause I have a first gen Nook.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
shadowcat80

Oh and one last thing kitty, www.nook-look.com has wallpapers and screensavers for nook you might find something you like there for your nook.

Congratulations joining Nook Nation and welcome to the forum.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Contributor
chrisdude
0 Kudos

Yeah, there's a screensavers folder in there, somewhere. In that folder, you can create new folders for each screensaver you want to make, and put images in each one. The screensaver images change so rarely (which is fine, because the images can't burn in), I think you might as well use one image per screensaver, unless you just like the variety. The image size is 600x800. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I go ahead and convert my images to grayscale before I send them over. Some images look good, some don't. I haven't found a way to determine what works well without just trying them out. The Simple Touch doesn't have wallpaper like the first-gen, because its homepage is full of stuff.
New User
aboutthatlife
0 Kudos

foreal

:womansurprised: does that work foreal

New User
teloiv
0 Kudos

Re: foreal

yes yes yes  you do just as chrisdude said to do. Then when you go to sellect a screensaver from the setting menu, the new option will be there for you to pick and it well then display what ever picture you put in there when the screensaver come on.
:smileyvery-happy:

Reader 2
Arclight
0 Kudos

How many photos can you put in your newly created folder ?

Thx

New User
nookSucksJA
0 Kudos

For dummies please?

Where do I get wallpaper (free?)

I think I can download a .jpg maybe to my computer.  Then I move it where?  My (simple touch?) Nook has:

.doc.thumbs

LOST.DIR

My Files

screensavers

So I guess the .jpg goes into screensavers, or was I supposed to make a folder in there?

MacMcK1957

[ Edited ]

You create a folder of .jpg files under screensavers (for example I have a folder called Escher). Ideally, the jpg files should be black and white, 800 high by 600 wide.

You can find a whole bunch that people have created and uploaded here:

http://www.nook-look.com/