Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
carolyncbuckley

I left my nook at work!

And now I don't know what to do with myself!

Do I really go to bed and .... sleep?!

Geesh. I haven't done that in quite some time.

I miss my nook.

Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1
0 Kudos

Re: I left my nook at work!

Go back and get it, I would (and have)!

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

I know the feeling...I haven't left it yet, but oh my goodness. Luckily I always have tons of books still to read in my TBR pile.

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

carolyncbuckley, I hope your Nook is locked up inside your desk.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

If it makes you feel any better, the Nook misses you too...:smileysad:

Give it a hug tomorrow...

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

Do you have a  smart phone?

While it won't ever truly take the place of your Nook, if you have a smart phone you can download the Nook app and read your eBooks on that.

It's not the same but it works in a pinch. I use the app whenever I'm somewhere without my Nook and have the opportunity to read.

Frequent Contributor
SamanthaEdmunde
0 Kudos

oh i know how you feel. I thought I was the only one that does that. I'm lost without my nook or a paper book. I never go to bed without reading.

TG that you can go back to work tomorrow. I would hate to think if it was the weekend. Hope it is tucked away safe somewhere

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

carolyncbuckley wrote:

And now I don't know what to do with myself!

Do I really go to bed and .... sleep?!

Geesh. I haven't done that in quite some time.

I miss my nook.

Hope you didn't have too much nook withdrawal, and were able to get a decent night's sleep. 

Hmm, guess who's not going to be late for work today.  :smileywink:

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Conniecats wrote:

Do you have a  smart phone?

It's not the same but it works in a pinch. I use the app whenever I'm somewhere without my Nook and have the opportunity to read.

Me, I read a book.  AKA, a DTB.  :smileysurprised:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

I still read the DTBs too :smileyhappy:

I thought when I got my Nook I would weed through my books and give away at least some of them. Alas, as I sit here typing I can glance over at two of my large overflowing bookshelves knowing that I have yet to sort through the books or give away even one. One of these days. ~sigh~

And while I have my Nook and my DTBs, I also use my smart phone in a pinch when I have neither with me. I sync it with my Nook so that I can start continue reading the same book on my phone that I'm reading on my Nook.

Ah, it's a good time to be a bookworm :smileywink: