Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
AkilahR

I'm Going to Sell My Nook and Buy and iPad, or a Kindle, or a Sony or ANYTHING ELSE

I was just trolling this forum and thought I'd make a whiny post about the Nook, as all you losers on this board exist only to justify why this junk exists.

I hate my Nook so much I had to buy a second one for my wife so she could hate it too. I hate it so much I bought a nice designer cover for it to hide it's ugliness. I hate it so much I just recently went crazy on Fictionwise.com and loaded it up with about 20 books I found on sale -- just because I don't have to go to the B&N website and I'm not locked into one supplier for ebooks.

When I went on a recent trip, I forced the thing to keep me company on the long flight, hoping the battery life would give out just so I could complain on this board, although it is still running and I might have to wait a bit -- then watch out for my awesome troll post on battery life. The stupid thing updated itself and just got a bit faster, which is infuriating because secretly we know it should be molasses slow.

Things the designers of this crap should have done RIGHT:

* Put a whole bunch of keys and buttons along the bottom, because it would have made it so much more attractive.

* Put a glare-prone touchscreen over top -- contrast ratio is way overrated anyway.

* Use an obscure DRM format that only B&N uses, because although I hate the Nook I love B&N soooo much.

That you spend your sad lives in this little forum trying to justify a $259 purchase saddens me no end when you can spend just $240 more and get a really big iPhone without the phone part.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

Re: I'm Going to Sell My Nook and Buy and iPad, or a Kindle, or a Sony or ANYTHING ELSE

Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

Re: I'm Going to Sell My Nook and Buy and iPad, or a Kindle, or a Sony or ANYTHING ELSE

LOL

Distinguished Wordsmith
eDigest

When you put it that way, I hate my nook, too, because ...

... the cookie in the Amazon store was soooo much better than the one at B&N.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

eDigest wrote:

When you put it that way, I hate my nook, too, because ...

... the cookie in the Amazon store was soooo much better than the one at B&N.

OMG LOL  Thank you both!  I really needed this tonight!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

:smileyvery-happy:

:smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Frequent Contributor
psjcal
0 Kudos

I was wakened by a small temblor around 4 this a.m. -- then while trying to get the details of the quake on local tv I instead watched wide-eyed idiots who also "felt" it. So I really needed some humor -- thanks. :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
Mandroid
0 Kudos

Brilliant!  :smileyvery-happy:

"5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions"
Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

this was absolutely amazing

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Correspondent
rfruth
0 Kudos

ROTFLMAO :smileyvery-happy:

N1E - HD+ soon ?
Frequent Contributor
Greeny
0 Kudos

Coffee in the nose burns. Thanks for waking me up with laughter! (and pain...)

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

psjcal wrote:

I was wakened by a small temblor around 4 this a.m. -- then while trying to get the details of the quake on local tv I instead watched wide-eyed idiots who also "felt" it. So I really needed some humor -- thanks. :smileyhappy:

I felt it here too, that one started out rough, at least in my area.

Frequent Contributor
Baturro
0 Kudos

I hate your post. :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
ratdog
0 Kudos

Post of the Day!:robotwink:

Contributor
BeckyAK
0 Kudos

Awesome! Thanks for a good laugh!

Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

Great post ! :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
Teski
0 Kudos

LOL...That was funny!

Contributor
Scubanights
0 Kudos

Ha!  I just read this while giving my students a test.  I snorted out loud and broke their tense concentration.  We all needed a laugh!

Frequent Contributor
AkilahR
0 Kudos

JohnP51 wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

I get the feeling people aren't taking me seriously -- I'M SERIOUS HERE!!!

Can I get a donut?