AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528

I wish B&N did NOT come out with a new Nook...

Because then all these threads would not have been created.  I can't keep up with all the whining any more.  Bye now.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: I wish B&N did NOT come out with a new Nook...

AlanNJ wrote:

Because then all these threads would not have been created.  I can't keep up with all the whining any more.  Bye now.

LOL Alan.  One would think this was the first electronic device every retired from existence.  No where have I seen that B&N is going to abruptly stop support for the Nook 1st Gen.

Oh and wait until it is released and folks find out that, gasp, it doesn't have browser and they can't log into that hotel WiFi.

Distinguished Correspondent
AndyfromVA
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

Yes, the pettiness is pretty amazing.

B&N has created what looks to be a terrific new e-reader.  Does it do everything?  No, but it does what most people have been asking for.  If you don't like what B&N has put out, don't buy it.

Personally, I don't intend to upgrade just yet but I'm considering it sometime down the line.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
0 Kudos

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80

This is almost as bad as the weeks that have led up to this, people constantly having threads of what the Nook 2nd would be like even though they get told over and over that we don't know until its announced. LOL

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Scribe
Haleakala_LKB
0 Kudos

AndyfromVA wrote:

AlanNJ wrote:

Yes, the pettiness is pretty amazing.

B&N has created what looks to be a terrific new e-reader.  Does it do everything?  No, but it does what most people have been asking for.  If you don't like what B&N has put out, don't buy it.

Personally, I don't intend to upgrade just yet but I'm considering it sometime down the line.

It had pretty much everything I'd like in a reader, leaving off the things in Nook V1 I found I didn't use. Is it wrong to hope mine breaks soon? <G>

LisaB

Frequent Contributor
Anastacia01
0 Kudos

The only reason I would buy the new one at this point is the new pearl touch screen other than that I like my original Nook just fine and don't plan on getting a new one untill the one i have no longer functions

Distinguished Scribe
normysmom

AlanNJ wrote:

But the threads today have been so entertaining. And, yes, I am being entertained at your expense, people! I think B&N released that announcement on Tuesday just to rile ya'll up for the buzz it would create here...we are, after all, the center of the universe ;0) - that was me using the "royal 'we' "...
Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
rafalweb
0 Kudos

Yeah, maybe I wsn't listening, but I don't recall hearing so much whining from iPad users when the iPad2 came out.   A

Distinguished Correspondent
MegSLP
0 Kudos

@rafl--nope, we were too excited and then some of us might have been in line for 9 hours or so to get it.
Frequent Contributor
ellsbells930
0 Kudos

rafalweb wrote:

Yeah, maybe I wsn't listening, but I don't recall hearing so much whining from iPad users when the iPad2 came out.   A

Did the iPad2 take AWAY functionality?  I don't believe so.  So your comparison is moot.