Inspired Wordsmith
gstone

IE9 and B&N Forum Posts

Internet Explorer 9 has been offered up in Windows Update.

If you installed IE9, you have to enable compaitibility mode for this site in order to post, reply to posts or edit your posts on this fourm. If compatability mode is not enabled the text you type as a message will not be displayed.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

Re: IE9 and B&N Forum Posts

Thanks for the tip. I switched to Google Chrome and Firefox after IE8 got so unstable and resource hungry. That solved a lot of my problems.

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Distinguished Correspondent
GordonF
0 Kudos

That's Extra Fail - you have to take extra steps to post?

Get Chrome, Firefox, heck even Apple's Safari browser is a better choice than IE.

Stop At Nothing - Show Your Teeth
Scribe
frantastk
0 Kudos

GordonF wrote:

Get Chrome, Firefox, heck even Apple's Safari browser is a better choice than IE.

The same thing happened when they released IE8 to a lot of the boards I used then (I wasn't on this one then so I don't know if it had trouble). All you have to do is click the icon at the top for compatibility mode (you do it once for the site you're on and you don't have do it again) and it worked. I abandoned IE shortly after that, though. My kids have a couple of sites they use for school that only work in IE.

Fran

Inspired Wordsmith
gstone
0 Kudos

GordonF wrote:

The problem actually stems from Lithum. They have refused do anything about client complaints of incompatibility with IE9 for months now. They plan to relesase an update sometime this month which may address this issue.

IE9 I am passing on but it was listed in Windows Update as a Critical Update. More than a few people will wind up with it installed.

Chrome I won't touch with a ten foot pole. Safari ain't gonna run on this machine even if I wanted it to. Firefox I have used in the past and dont see it as better or worse than anything else available.

GordonF
0 Kudos

The problem I have with IE, any version, is that it absolutely refuses to follow proper CSS implementation standards - made worse by the fact that Microsoft is one of the companies who helped set the standards in the first place.

They don't even follow their own rules! It is, by far, the worst browser on the planet.

Wordsmith
kingskidjan
0 Kudos

bump

Frequent Contributor
lewellyn
0 Kudos

GordonF wrote:

The problem I have with IE, any version, is that it absolutely refuses to follow proper CSS implementation standards - made worse by the fact that Microsoft is one of the companies who helped set the standards in the first place.

They don't even follow their own rules! It is, by far, the worst browser on the planet.

You apparently haven't used IE 9... :smileywink:

GordonF
0 Kudos

I tried it

lewellyn wrote:

You apparently haven't used IE 9... :smileywink:

I have - IT FAILS TO IMPLEMENT CSS CORRECTLY. sorry, smileywink yourself into oblivion. It's a worthless browser.

Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
0 Kudos

I hate IE.  I've been running Mozilla Firefox for a while now and love it.

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Frequent Contributor
Yvette4
0 Kudos

Re: IE9 and B&N Forum Posts - this is a test response; I hope it won't post as blank.

This is just a test response. I hope it won't post as blank.