Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Re: If you stuck on an island and you could only have one author's books to read? who would it be?

For me, Edgar Allan Poe.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Distinguished Correspondent
Beth_DeEtt

Re: If you stuck on an island and you could only have one author's books to read? who would it be?

Patrick O'Brian, definitely.

Inspired Correspondent
RodneyJT
0 Kudos

Orson Scott Card

No matter how old I get I think I still have read each of his books atleast twice. I need to now get ebook versions of them all.

Contributor
DakotaFella
0 Kudos

W.E.B. Griffin

DakotaFella

Dear Math, solve your own problems, I am already dealing with mine.
gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Great question, shadowcat!  It goes beyond the one book.

Of course, most of us would get stranded with our nooks, and hopefully we could find a way to recharge (maybe stirring up coconuts like they did on Gilligan's Island).

Probably JA Jance.  Possibly Evanovich, Alcott, or Lenora Mattingly Weber (I loved her books as a teenager and still do).

Weird variety.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Clive Cussler, I love Dirk Pitt

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin

Georgette Heyer...Hands down.  Queen of the regency genre.

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

jamartMF
0 Kudos

Mine would be:

Jayne Ann Krentz

aka Amanda Quick

aka Jayne Castle

I will read and reread anything this wonderful author writes.  She makes me laugh and makes me cry.  Reading her book I wouldn't be on an island anymore.  She transports me into the worlds she creates.

Frequent Contributor
nookpj
0 Kudos

Mark Twain - no romance (unless The Diaries of Adam and Eve count), but enough social commentary and laughter to make waiting for the rescue boat a real pleasure. 

Contributor
hwysqrl
0 Kudos

Sharon Kay Penman. No comparison.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

nookpj wrote:

Mark Twain - no romance (unless The Diaries of Adam and Eve count), but enough social commentary and laughter to make waiting for the rescue boat a real pleasure. 

No romance?  What about Hank and Sandy in A Connecticut Yankee?   The stork didn't bring little Hello-Central, ya know!  :smileyvery-happy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
smiller492
0 Kudos

I've tried to choose and I just can't.

Frequent Contributor
nookpj
0 Kudos

ABthree wrote:

nookpj wrote:

No romance?  What about Hank and Sandy in A Connecticut Yankee?   The stork didn't bring little Hello-Central, ya know!  :smileyvery-happy:

I stand corrected: "A Ct. Yankee" is still on my to be read list.  I look forward to being stranded on that island if only to finish all of Twain and Sweet William (I carelessly left the Complete WS in My Library before making the ill-fated voyage - purely unintentional, I avow).  :smileywink:

gobasso
0 Kudos

Marcel Proust

RJR443
0 Kudos

Rex Stout: I just can't get enough of his schoolbookkeeping system.:smileywink:

Correspondent
Rocknsoul
0 Kudos

God.

If he isn't available, then Jane Austen.

So sue me.:smileyvery-happy: