Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
lyntwhit
0 Kudos

Is there a way to know what each week's Nook promotions are?

I was pleasantly surprised to find that when I tried out the "More in Store" feature on my Nook at my local B&N that there was a coupon for 10% off the purchase I made that day (of a physical book, not an ebook). Is there a way to know what the more in store promotions are each week without going to the local B&N? The 10% off coupon only showed up while I was in the store, not when I was at home obviously.

Also, my local store only had the coupons for week three for the free ebook, not week 5. Are all stores on the same schedule with those free ebooks? Is there a schedule for them listed somewhere too?

Thanks!

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos
Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a way to know what each week's Nook promotions are?

The "More in Store" coupons change monthly, I never know what they are until I get to the store, though to be honest, with my store a 2 minute walk from my home, I don't try very hard to find out in advance.  :smileywink:

The free eBook voucher promotion ends this week, the vouchers are supposed to be given out (supplies are limited though!) through the 20th.  All the stores have the same schedule but one might be out while another still has a supply.  Many have reported success calling customer service for a code if their particular store had run out, you might try that.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013

Re: Is there a way to know what each week's Nook promotions are?

[ Edited ]

Some links:

The Unbound Blog, including Free Friday announcements, also appears in The Daily on your NOOK.

The coupon promotion is winding down. All five weeks of coupons have been issued. Stores can continue to hand out any remaining coupons they have left through the 20th. The books were:

Week 1: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series #1)

Week 2: Storm Front (Dresden Files Series #1)

Week 3: One Shot (Jack Reacher Series #9)

Week 4: Home Safe

Week 5: The Long Tail, Revised and Updated Edition

If you click on the "nook" button at the top of this page, you'll get to B&N's "nook Central". There's lots of useful information for those of us who have NOOKs mixed in there along with the sales stuff. If you click the "Features" link you'll see More In Store listed there, and if you click the "Blog" link it'll take you to the Unbound Blog.

The Inkmesh search engine provides Twitter and Facebook feeds of the very latest freebies from B&N, Sony, and (of no use to us) Amazon:

The AddAll search engine provides RSS feeds of the latest freebies: