Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
SlackerLibrarian
0 Kudos

It's been a month since I got my N2E...

and I average about 1.5 per day and finished about 6 books (none more than 300 pages) without charging.  My N2E battery is about 19% and I have decided it's time to charge it.

I love my new nook! 

It completes me.

:robothappy:

Frequent Contributor
svsu
0 Kudos

Re: It's been a month since I got my N2E...

You average 1.5 per day of what? Books? Hours reading?? Either way- B&N lied about the battery life........They claim 2 months battery life.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518

svsu wrote:

You average 1.5 per day of what? Books? Hours reading?? Either way- B&N lied about the battery life........They claim 2 months battery life

B&N bases that on 1/2 hour per day of reading with wifi turned off.   It would be impossible to rate battery life based on time alone without factoring in usage.
►Without order there is chaos◄
Correspondent
kivvie
0 Kudos

For me, the battery life is more accurately registered in page turns. I usually get over 1000 pages before I even start to think about charging it.

Since I read right before bed, my charger is right on my nightstand. I plug in my nook right next to my cell phone. Every once in a while I forget for a day or two. In over a year with my N1E, I have gotten the "low battery" message twice -- and I read constantly.

If I have wifi on, or if I use the touch screen a lot, the battery life is shorter, as to be expected.

Frequent Contributor
SlackerLibrarian
0 Kudos

svsu wrote:

You average 1.5 per day of what? Books? Hours reading?? Either way- B&N lied about the battery life........They claim 2 months battery life.

Yeah...about...probably closer to 1 hour, but the reading time doesn't include me showing my N2E off to people.  And let me tell you...getting one month of reading time is HUGE!   I probably could've went a few more days on the charge I had left.  And 2 month battery life if an estimate based on certain criteria being met...which I didn't.

My N2E is awesome!  The took the N1E and made it better!

Contributor
chrisdude
0 Kudos

I've had my N2E for 10 days and it's at 43%. I probably read an hour or two a day I use the touchscreen all the time (though I never considered that it could be a drain), and I leave WiFi on all the time (though I'm often not in range of a network). Come to think of it, I don't think I've shut it down completely, either...

It ain't gonna last two months, but it's darn nice.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

B&N's 2 month estimate is based on 30 minutes a day with wifi off (aka 30 hours of reading total).  So, if someone is reading 1 - 1.5 hours each day and only needing to charge once a month then they're meeting or exceeding B&N's stated battery life.

If someone is reading 2 hours a day, then the battery should last 15 days with wifi off.

If someone is reading 10 hours a day then the battery should last 3 days with wifi off.

FWIW, I've only chaged mine twice - the day I got it (June 3) and the evening of July 1.  I have over 94% now, and I generally read more than 30 minutes a day, though my patterns vary.  I'd estimate I'm getting the 30 hours that B&N promised.

Inspired Correspondent
Viktornka
0 Kudos

I haven't timed mine, but it's so much better than my iPod Touch and my Nook Color.

I'm HAPPY!

New User
meowmanor
0 Kudos

woot woot!! isnt nooks awesome!?

i have a nook color yayz!!:catwink::smileylol::smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
ImpliedConsent
0 Kudos

A bit over 2yrs old - and I've probably seen the dreaded "Your nook needs charging" box about a dozen times. That doesn't bother near as much as hitting the power button and ... nothin' ... zero ... then doing the dreaded 20-second dance.