Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
hollygNJ

It's my Nook anniversary!

I got my Nook 2 years ago today, when they were still way over $200. I used a couple of years of Christmas and birhtday money and got it and a cover.

It's still going strong after two years! It's still my favorite device to read on. In the 2 years I've inherited a Kindle DX, which I gave to my Mom, bought a Kindle Fire and an iPad. As my daughter says, I have more ereading devices than I have children. I admit, I do like my gadgets.

The progress in devices over the last 2 years is amazing. And I don't intend to sell, trade, or get rid of my Nook until it takes its last breath, LOL.

Holly

Reader 4
NiveusLuna
0 Kudos

Re: It's my Nook anniversary!

I'll have had my N1E for a year this April. I'm not getting rid of this thing anytime soon, either. Hooray for cellular data access!

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos
Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

Me too, although its been on the shelf for at least six months. Glad I read this, maybe I'll get it down for some reading.
Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

It just dawned on me that mine is also two years old today.

Inspired Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@hollygNJ

Happy Birthday to your Nook 1st Edition.  Enjoy your devices and enjoy your readings.

Lector GS
Distinguished Correspondent
Nerdgirljenn
0 Kudos

Happy Aniversary, mine was in January (though only 1 year old, not two):smileylol:  I love my Nook1E too...I even have a wonderful Oberon cover for it which makes me LOVE reading off it.  My Nook is still my prefered device in full light conditionsd (we also have the Nook Tablet which is better for lower light conditions and magazine).  I really like the design even better than the NST, because well, I like that LCD colour screen :smileyvery-happy:

"The earth laughs in flowers."~Emerson
"Where there is love, there is life." ~Ghandi
Wordsmith
KingAl
0 Kudos

Shouldn't the proper word be "Nookiversary"? :smileyvery-happy: Congratulations!

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

No, a nookiversary would be how long it's been since I ...

Never mind.

Distinguished Scribe
luvbooksCM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Same here~

Next month is my 2nd year anniversary of my N1E. I read on it every day and it's still going strong. I tried the NST when they had the black friday specials, and although it was nice, I couldn't get it to connect to wifi after the initial set-up, so I returned it and haven't strayed from my N1E since. The 3g still works great and never a problem connecting to wifi. LCD touch screen still works flawlessly. A little worried about being able to find a battery replacement when my battery finally gives out, but I guess I could always just plug it in and read on it that way, although I would be tethered to one spot. Now that's love!

Distinguished Correspondent
DCLOVELL
0 Kudos

I will hit the 1 year point on May 18th.  I LOVE my Nook 1E.  I have so much reading to do now.  I have found so many free or inexpensive titles and I love the forum here.

Thanks to all who contribute! :smileyhappy: