Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Its GONE - The dread RED is GONE!

[ Edited ]

A week or two ago I posted a pretty snotty message about the DREAD RED warning you get when ever you clicked the Quote button.  I even gave the twitter account of the Head of Lithium so B&N could reach him to get some help.

It WORKED.

They fixed it.  At least I haven't seen any RED when quoting.

Apparently Lithium must have gotten a tad embarrassed and helped B&N fix the problem. 

Or maybe B&N's programmers finally got "Rountuit".

Anyway, I'm glad to see its fixed.

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

Re: Its GONE - The dread RED is GONE!

icebike wrote:

A week or two ago I posted a pretty snotty message about the DREAD RED warning you get when ever you clicked the Quote button.  I even gave the twitter account of the Head of Lithium so B&N could reach him to get some help fixing this problem.

It WORKED.

They fixed it.  At least I haven't seen any RED when quoting.

Apparently Lithium must have gotten a tad embarrassed and helped B&N fix the problem. 

Or maybe B&N's programmers finally got "Rountuit".

Anyway, I'm glad to see its fixed.

Seems to be....also seems they got rid of the leading and trailing quotation marks when you quote.

---------
Don
Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Maybe those space wasting quotes were the problem all along.  I think Doug might have hinted at this some time in the past.

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

yeah- it looks like they went back to the "old" quote function with just the lines, rather than the fancy quotation marks which had a lot of extra embedded html that was obviously unnecessary.  

Much better.

now, if only they could get the boards to work at all consistently on safari...

Correspondent
Rasyr
0 Kudos

icebike wrote:

Maybe those space wasting quotes were the problem all along.  I think Doug might have hinted at this some time in the past.

everytime I got the "dread red" it always stripped out the last quotation image -- it was odd to say the least.

Tim Dugger
TANSTAAFL
gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

gqb wrote:

Could have fooled me - I just got it on another post!

Well this is a test to see if its, back.

... Nope. no red.  I'm using Google Chrome if that matters.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

icebike wrote:

gqb wrote:

I'm using Internet Explorer.  It has happened to me twice.  Let's see if it happens here.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

gqb wrote:

icebike wrote:

gqb wrote:

I'm using Internet Explorer.  It has happened to me twice.  Let's see if it happens here.

No red on that last post. 

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

gqb wrote:

gqb wrote:

icebike wrote:

gqb wrote:

No red on that last post. 

None for me in Forefox for a few days now.