Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Joe Hill - 20th Century Ghosts

I saw the Nook blurb about Joe Hill books.  On Amazon this collection is being sold for $.99.  On B&N it's being sold for $9.99.  That's an extremely large disparity.  Is there an error somewhere?

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Re: Joe Hill - 20th Century Ghosts

[ Edited ]
AlanNJ
0 Kudos

From what I can tell, 20th Century Ghost is ONE of the short stories in 20th Century Ghosts which is a short story collection.

I've never heard of Joe Hill before but would certainly check out the collection for $.99.  For $9.99 I can wait.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yeah, it says 336 pages, but that looks like a mistake. The cover says "A story from the collection 20th Century Ghosts".

You wanna see wacko? Check out the price differences in formats over at eBooks.com. While I was writing that, they got it straightened out. They had the Secure PDF at $20.99 and the others at $0.99.

Anyway, I think Amazon's price (and eBooks.com's price) is another mistake. But who's going to complain to HarperCollins about it?

If you can deal with it in PDF, go buy it at eBooks.com before they correct the price.

Frequent Contributor
Taubin
0 Kudos

There's only one review on B&N, and it seems to confirm that it's only one story, my guess is they got the page count incorrect.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

He is Steven Kings son

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

From what I can tell, 20th Century Ghost is ONE of the short stories in 20th Century Ghosts which is a short story collection.

I've never heard of Joe Hill before but would certainly check out the collection for $.99.  For $9.99 I can wait.

He is Steven Kings son

Frequent Contributor
pidgeon92
0 Kudos

I bought this book a few days ago for my Kindle (99¢). It contains fifteen short stories. I'm on the fourth one right now, a retread of Kafka's Metamorphosis. So far, I have not liked any of the stories. I'm not surprised, as I really disliked Heart Shaped Box, his novel from a few years ago.

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

I realize he's Stephen King's son.  I had just never heard of him and was interested in reading his writing (if it was $.99).  I only brought this up because I had never seen such a large price disparity between Amazon and B&N.

Distinguished Wordsmith
DiAnneInDover
0 Kudos

At ebooks.com it is a single 36-page short story for 99 cents.  I just downloaded it. 

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

That was part of my original point.  There is "20th Century Ghosts" which is a collection of stories and there is "20th Century Ghost" which is a single short story.