Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright

Just for laughs

Saw this over at the Onion and couldn't help but think of so many posts here, with people ranting they'll go get a Kindle (Kobo, iPad, etc.).

http://www.theonion.com/articles/well-i-guess-ill-just-take-my-business-to-another,21357/

I suppose to keep this somewhat on topic, I should mention that The Onion is available for most NOOK devices and apps as well.

The Onion  

Contributor
hrmelby
0 Kudos

Re: Just for laughs

love it....and so true....thanks for sharing.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

That was great :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
PA10
0 Kudos

:smileyvery-happy: So true.

Inspired Wordsmith
julestrik
0 Kudos

Loved it and I do enjoy the Onion on my Nook Color!  Thanks for the laugh.

Inspired Correspondent
DeltaT
0 Kudos

It is really funny when a company sells a device that requires a computer to get rid of unwanted ads, and they don't tell you.

Ha, ha, ha.  It's also fraud.

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright

@DeltaT:

I vehemently agree with you, and have posted to that effect in your thread.

This was just a lighthearted bit and more directed at those in the past who, over the most trivial perceived "problems" with B&N, threaten to take their toys and go play with other retailers.

I don't take everything B&N says as gospel. That's as true now as when I worked for them.

On the whole, I don't find the treatment I get from B&N, when I do need to interact with them, to be any worse or better (on average) than I get from any other retailer.

But, as I said, this was just for laughs, so I'll keep my more serious comments for other threads.

Distinguished Correspondent
AVID-JT
0 Kudos

Thanks, at the end of a long, hot, sweaty day in Florida that was like a free cold beer.  I loved it!!!