Contributor
lorelee
0 Kudos

LOVING MY NOOK

[ Edited ]

My husband bought me a Nook for my bithday in August.  I swore I would never get an ereader.  I was one of those people that didn't think it could come close to the experience of reading a "real" book.  Boy was I wrong.  I LOVE it!  After playing around a little with my nook, my husband wishes he would have been a little more patient and waited for a Nook instead of getting a Kindle 2.

I love checking out library books.  This was the main factor in deciding against the K3.  I am reading more now than I ever have before.  I take my Nook everywhere.  It is so much easier than a DTB. 

I also love all the freebies from B&N.  I have been exposed to many books/authors that I never would have chosen on my own.  I am not a huge mystery/suspense person, but I loved The Rook by Steven James that was offered a few weeks ago.  I loved it so much that I read all four books of the series in less than two weeks.  I couldn't put my Nook down.

Thanks to all of you for all your great, realistic comments about your Nook experince.  I did a lot of research before buying my Nook and your commments really helped.  I have no regrets what so ever and I look forward to many hours of great reading!

Wordsmith
wordsandmelodies
0 Kudos

Re: LOVING MY NOOK

Glad you're enjoying it!

Contributor
MiamiCyn
0 Kudos

I never thought that I would like an e-reader and would miss an actual book in my hand, but I have been hooked since March. I am sorry I put off my purchasing the nook as long as I did.

Welcome and enjoy the experience!

Reader 4
NookAddict13
0 Kudos

We sound like twins lol. I too got my Nook from my hubby as a birthday present in September. He knows how much I love to read. I too didn't think I would ever be an e-reader peson and give up my beloved books, and I was oh so wrong too. I take mine with me everywhere now and I'm reading so much it's carzy.

So glad to hear you love your Nook!

PS. Happy Belated Birthday :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
dee_deefl
0 Kudos

I enjoy hearing newbies loving their nooks.

I've had mine for three months and love it.

downloaded too many free or low cost books for my own good.

:smileyvery-happy:

ENJOY!

Happy reading

and

have fun.

Frequent Contributor
graycyn
0 Kudos

Wait'll you start borrowing and lending LendMe books... that's fun too!

There's a lending forum on the Nookboards forum and also a page on Facebook. I think there might even be a Yahoogroup.

Yep, loving my Nook (July purchase) and I was skeptical about e-readers as well. Now I want to replace my paper books with ebooks and clear my shelves a bit! Heck, I'm even using my Nook to help me lose weight (I get to buy ebooks as rewards for pounds lost and exercise credit earned.) and it's working!

I take mine with me everywhere!

Nook WiFi, Sony 950, 2 Sony 350s.
Correspondent
thelios
0 Kudos

I have been exposed to many books/authors that I never would have chosen on my own.  Lorelee, I too have been exposed in the same way.  The thing that I like about it is I have found that most of these OTHER authors are just as good as THE TOP LEVEL AUTHORS but much cheaper.  GOODBYE ALL YOU BIG GUYS!

You live and you learn, some people just live!
Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

I, too, LOVE my NOOK.  A friend bought my NOOK for me in September, an early birthday present (November birthday) so that I could get used to it and have it well-stocked before a long trip we plan to take in November.  Almost every day, I tell him what a wonderful present it is and how very much I love Piccolo Amico, my NOOK.  Yesterday, he said I could stop doing that:smileysad: : he's gotten the message.  Then, luckily, I found this thread, so that I can voice my NOOK LOVE again today :smileyvery-happy:!

Contributor
MaverickNY
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Four and one half months later and I still love my nook!  I too researched extensively before buying and got SO much great information from these message boards.  My nook gets more use than any electronic "gadget" that I have owned.  I couldn't imagine being without it.