Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
jacquelinejoy
0 Kudos

Lend Me Help

I just lent out a book and the reciever never got it and it still says lent on my end.  How long do i have to wait for it to be returned to me before I can try again?  Or is there a way to get it back from the person I lent it to?  Not very happy here.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

Re: Lend Me Help

jacquelinejoy wrote:

I just lent out a book and the reciever never got it and it still says lent on my end.  How long do i have to wait for it to be returned to me before I can try again?  Or is there a way to get it back from the person I lent it to?  Not very happy here.

I'd suggest you contact B&N Customer Service right away. If your account thinks that the book is lent, the book is gone for 14 days and then cannot be lent again, ever.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@jacquelinejoy,

A lending offer, which shows up in the daily on the recipient's nook or their email account if they do not own a nook, is available for 7 days and can be accepted or declined on a nook or online. All lendable titles can be lent once for 14 days. Once a lending offer is submitted, it cannot be retracted.

If you are expecting to receive a lent book or a lend offer, and you don't see it in your nook, go to My Library and tap Check for New B&N Content.

I hope this helps.

New User
jacquelinejoy
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your suggestions.  I contacted customer service.  Hope this doens't happen again.