Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
treehouse_reader
0 Kudos

Library disappearing from Nook

I checked posts on this and didn't see anything in the past year that seemed to be what's happening to me.  1st Edition Nook  Problem started on My Documents.  I have the largest possible SD added, lots on it, but still 82% available.  Frequently I wake my Nook up, and My Documents have disappeared.  I have to tell it to search for new content.  Usually that fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes I have to complete reboot - so far that's always done it.  Then, this morning I went to shelf the new Free Friday book I got yesterday and couldn't find it in my B&N Librrary.  More accurately, I could search for and find it, even open it.  But, it would not show up in the books listed either by author or by shelves.  Search for new content didn't work.  So, I rebooted.  AND that resulted in NOTHING showing in my B&N Library on my Nook NOTHING.  I could search for any book I had and it would show up and I could open it, but my library showed as having no items.  I switched to My Documents and back and that fixed it.  Everything is working again, but this makes me nervous.  Anyone else having this issue?

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

Re: Library disappearing from Nook

How do you have the files organized on the card? The NOOK 1E doesn't much care for a lot of files in the "root" folder of the added micro-SD card. At somewhere between maybe 150 and 200 files, it'll start refusing to process the card.

Putting your files into folders is the simple solution. NOOK still presents the files from all of the folders all in one list, but it's able to process them.

Contributor
treehouse_reader
0 Kudos

Re: Library disappearing from Nook

I have them all in a folder named My Documents - I have other folders on their with music which takes a lot of space.  I'll try breaking up the documents into folders.  Do you know if it will mean I have to reshelve everything??

Also, any idea why My Library just lost all of it's items today?  First time that has happened.  It wouldn't find 3 new books, even after I told it to search for new content, so I rebooted, and everything was gone.  I switched back and forth between My Documents and My Library a few times and everything showed up.