Reader 2
retiredk9racer
0 Kudos

Re: Light for my nook! Help me pick one!

I purchased a Flex Neck Reading Light by Great Point Light for $2.97 on Amazon.  It uses 2 CR2032 batteries (I got 25 for under $7.00 at the same time) and is supposed to provide 30 hours of light before changing batteries.  You can't be picky about color as the price varies by color, I just got plain black.  It clips onto the back of my Bronte cover and will also clip directly onto my nook (there is sufficient depth in the clip).  I tried the Lyra light but there wasn't enough depth to the clip for it to stay in place when clipped directly onto the nook and the clip wasn't as sturdy as the one on the Flex Neck.

Contributor
FordTaurus
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I also have the Kandle and find it works quite well.  Only quibble is that when in the best mounting spot, top center, it covers the power button so you end up taking it on and off each time. If your cover has a back edge you can use that and be ok.

It lights up the reading screen well, although like most top clip lights the bottom is a bit dimmer. 

I do have an old Mighty Bright style book light with a long bendable neck which works ok but is difficult to position correctly. Based on the posts here I am thinking of trying one of the M-Edge eLuminators for an alternative -- hoping to find it in black.

Regards

Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1
0 Kudos

I purchased the Lyra light from BN.  So far I have been happy with it.  I am able to clip it to the nook even with the silicone cover on the nook with out any problems.  If you don't have it adjusted right you can get a glare on the screen but I would think that would be an issue with any light.  My daughter has a light that we purchased from Brookstone around the holidys that she likes to use.  Unfortunatley I can't remember what it's called and they never had it on their site - only in their stores (I know this becasue my husband wanted one when he saw it and I tried to go online to order it so I wouldn't have to fight the X-Mas crowds at the mall for just one light).  The best way to describe it is that it looks like and eyeball attached to the end of an adjustable arm/stick.  You can bend the arm to any shape and she usually bends it around her neck and points it at what she's reading.  The brightness of the light is determined by how wide you open the "eye".

Contributor
anne_dutch
0 Kudos

I've just ordered this one from the MOMA store:

MOMA Rechargeable LED Light

MOMA USB Rechargeable LED Light

Quite pricey, at 2x the cost of the Lyra, plus shipping... but it's just so cute! And I love that it's rechargeable and can function as a bedside lamp too.

Will keep you posted on what I think of it!

you can call me al.