Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Rutter9
0 Kudos

List of Games for Nookcolor

[ Edited ]

Thought I would share since I haven't seen any other threads about this. These are games that fully work on the nookcolor. Just load them in the nook's web browser.  Most are best played in landscape view.

Yes I know: it's an ereader, blah blah. Meant for reading, blah blah.

I do not read 24/7 and like to do other things to pass the time. A little something to hold some back until there are updates. Anyway, enjoy!

Jewelcase

A bejeweled knockoff.

Url: goo.gl/J0jiQ

Memoludi

A memory game matching cards.

Url: goo.gl/FPdBz

Lights

A strategy puzzle game eliminating illuminated lights.

Url: goo.gl/3GPTx

Minesweeper

Self Explanatory

Url: goo.gl/sW5p5

Tic Tac Toe

Self Explanatory

Url: goo.gl/nl3GV

Contributor
Sepurb
0 Kudos

Re: List of Games for Nookcolor

Hey obvious noob here(first post), but I'm treating myself to a nookcolor for my birthday. From what I know there is no market/market-esque place to browse so.... how would you get those games?
Frequent Contributor
Rutter9
0 Kudos

They are playable from the web browser.

By the way, the B&N "Market" will be open beginning next year.

Contributor
Sepurb

Whoa! So its already got Flash enabled? Yes. I'm definitely sold on the nookcolor! Can I hope for Rovio to bless it with Angry Birds, I mean it doesn't have that processor only to turn the pages of 1984 quickly right?
Frequent Contributor
Rutter9
0 Kudos

It *will be flash enabled, eventually. These games are html5 that I posted.

Inspired Correspondent
Andromeda208
0 Kudos

:smileyindifferent: Hi.  I don't want to feel stupid, but is it safe to add these games to the nook color?

Correspondent
atlongster
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

These games are safe to play on your NC but you aren't adding them at all to the NC.  The games are essentially embedded into webpages, they run HTML5 a video and interactivity format used in place of flash.  They would be comparable to the original Web Apps for the iPhone, dedicated webpages that displayed games or other utilities on the iPhone prior to the launch of the app store.  These games will be playable without a wifi connection since they are browser based and would need feedback from the site, unless I am misunderstanding something about them but I don't think I am.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Thanks....I played a couple and saved the site to my favs.

I would give anything for a solitare game. Let me know if you find one for the NC?

Frequent Contributor
Rutter9
0 Kudos

There are some solitaire games. They do not play well on the nook though. Once I find more I will post them.