Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
CrazyBlu
0 Kudos

Lol u Nook idiots.

So Kindle will have three new ones coming out. Kindle Touch, Kindle touch 3g, and The kindle Fire. This makes BN look stupid as hell.One that I love is the option of 3g, You people made fun of me and said It will never happen anymore,but I guess you idiots were wrong Amazon kept that option with there new kindle while stupid BN did not.I bet all the money in the world BN brings back that option.So goodbye forever none of ur stupid opinions matter any more, nook color sucks anyway with the kindle fire I can watch movies and get all the apps I want not like nc with there wack ass apps.and its only $200!!!

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI

Re: Lol u Nook idiots.

You are right I am an idiot (for bothering to reply to this).

The Kindle Fire wouldn't be debuting at $199 if not for the Nook Color.

The Kindle Touch wouldn't be here for $99 if not for the Nook Simple Touch (N2E).

This is the way of the world, products leapfrog each other with price and features.

The rumor is B&N will be announcing a new Nook Color this fall.

Just try and imagine what we would be paying for all our toys if not for competition.

Inspired Correspondent
Nom-de-Nook

As far as watching all the movies you want...only if you are near a WiFi connection (only 8gb storage) and Amazon Prime will still cost you $79/yr extra for all the Amazon videos

Frequent Contributor
mettleh3d
0 Kudos

Having owned all 3 and loving the n2e, I confidently say that B&N is toast. 

B&N supporters can only and will only retort with rationalizations.  Let's just let BN die its slow death.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

Hi Roy.  :smileyhappy:

IMO it's pretty idiotic to create another account on a site whose product you don't like just to call a bunch of strangers names.  Just my .02.

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa

You like Amazon's Kindle

I like B&N's Nook.

Both are great products.

We both win.

I don't see the problem.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236

keriflur wrote:

Hi Roy.  :smileyhappy:

IMO it's pretty idiotic to create another account on a site whose product you don't like just to call a bunch of strangers names.  Just my .02.

True.  Of course, it's the same reason why he created his first account so...  :smileywink:

Some people just hate themselves so much they only feel good when they're putting others down.  *shrugs*  It's sad, really.

Inspired Wordsmith
gstone

Nallia wrote:

Some people just hate themselves so much they only feel good when they're putting others down.  *shrugs*  It's sad, really.

Darn and here I thought someone was acting out the fable The Fox and the Grapes for us.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518

CrazyBlu wrote:

So Kindle will have three new ones coming out. Kindle Touch, Kindle touch 3g, and The kindle Fire. This makes BN look stupid as hell.One that I love is the option of 3g, You people made fun of me and said It will never happen anymore,but I guess you idiots were wrong Amazon kept that option with there new kindle while stupid BN did not.I bet all the money in the world BN brings back that option.So goodbye forever none of ur stupid opinions matter any more, nook color sucks anyway with the kindle fire I can watch movies and get all the apps I want not like nc with there wack ass apps.and its only $200!!!

Ummm, who made fun of you?  You only have one post.

Goodbye.  See ya.  Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out.

►Without order there is chaos◄
AlanNJ

mettleh3d wrote:

Having owned all 3 and loving the n2e, I confidently say that B&N is toast. 

B&N supporters can only and will only retort with rationalizations.  Let's just let BN die its slow death.

Only time will tell. 

I love my N2E but if there's only one reader down the road I have no problems removing DRM from my B&N books and converting them to something else.  I won't do that until I'm forced to though.

Contributor
CrazyBlu
0 Kudos

OMG you remember me u r so nice.

Contributor
CrazyBlu
0 Kudos

The reason y i came back is cuz I was ban,lol I love my self too much. But because Amazon did something BN should of done by keeping the 3g on there e-ink reader, but they did not. Now amazon basically took there idea and kept the 3g option. Now that's where my money is going.Yeah I said i would not come back but I could not help myself, especially to see the reactions of the ones that cause the ban in the first place, Amazon wins BN LOSES.

AlanNJ

If your writing style and grammatical errors are any indication of your intelligence I'm calling my broker and buying B&N stock.

Contributor
CrazyBlu
0 Kudos

@AlanNJ it's funny how you argue about my grammar, but have nothing to say about the main topic.Thank  you for making me right.Plus I from NYC I don't want to listen to anyone from NJ. I can smell your stench through my comp.

AlanNJ

Good comeback.  I'm impressed.

If I thought your main topic had any credibility I would have replied directly to it.  I gave it all the response I felt it deserved.

Contributor
CrazyBlu
0 Kudos

Hold on let me put a close-pin on my nose.......OK.....Now i can write back. I was here b4 that's y u don't know me.I was ban by the idiots that only insulted me and not answering my question now im back to prove amazon was right. Now there is no one to be found.Isn't that just hilarious.

Inspired Correspondent
japerry

CrazyBlu wrote:

Does your mommy know you're using her computer without her permission? Shame shame on you! Now turn out the night-light and stop hiding under the covers before mommy catches you!

Owner of a Nook Color and a Nook Simple Touch

My First Short Story
Correspondent
ChipPM
0 Kudos

@CrazyBlu

You were "banned" you fool. Get that right at least.

Distinguished Correspondent
gabourele

Honestly don't have a clue as to why you created a new screen name to garbage talk where clearly a number of things all of their devices have BN has had for a year or more. As for 3G what's the need for it what so you can download and buy books? Many big players out there are creating wifi only devices apparently companies are looking at the bigger picture here. Wifi minus no extra fees if amazon wants to take a loss more power to them but if you clearly read their forums its seems their wifi edition is more talked about than 3G. And as of two days ago BN allows international book purchasing for US and Canadian based customers.

Rumors are BN has devices coming too so before trying to black ball BN or trash talk. Remember these amazon  devices have things bn clearly already had. One more thing I will continue to shop Brick and Mortar because it goes back to my community and keeps people in work not dealing with online retailers and them trying to destroy B and M stores no matter what amazon tries to get me to buy.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Frequent Contributor
xamier

Stop feeding the trolls. We all know that they live under bridges and basically have nothing of interest to say about anything, mostly because they are too stupid to know better. 

Love my NE1 and I will get a NE2 someday. 

Xamier
Beware shiny objects that are free, for in this world there are no shiny objects that are free...Darkkin