Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
pixie91
0 Kudos

Love the concept of Nook - on my 3rd one - Customer Service not so much

Love my nook and the ability to have my library with me - that said, I am extremely frustrated with customer service and my replacement nooks!

My nook history -

Preordered a nook in October of 2009, shipping dates changed, but yeah, I received mine on Christmas Eve of 2009.  My nook worked like a charm until July when I picked it up and it had several lines through the screen.  got 7 months out of that one.

No problem, called customer service, they sent me a refurbished nook.  I received that at the end of July and in December my page forward button cracked. Wow, 4 1/2 months out of that one.

No problem, called customer service, they sent me a certified pre-owned nook.   Opened it up, charged it, and low and behold, the screen is filled with lines making it impossible to read a book on it.  Wow, that one lasted less than a day!  I wonder who is pre-certifying the nooks?

I am very careful with my nook, it is always in its cover and I mostly use the swipe to turn pages.  I am glad I got the extended warranty.

Have now been on hold for over 45 minutes with customer service.

I wonder what I will receive next?

Contributor
pixie91
0 Kudos

Re: Love the concept of Nook - on my 3rd one - Customer Service not so much

On hold over an hour - representative had me shut off nook and restart several times and since the lines are still there, they will issue yet another replacement - a rapid replacement if I give them my credit card number again.

When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was on hold another 10 minutes, then told the supervisor was "busy".  I am still on hold.

This is ridiculous.  I have never experienced customer service like this anywhere!