Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

mos
Frequent Contributor
mos

M-Edge Executive Jacket and e-Luminator2 with my Nook

Wow, that was fast. I ordered it on saturday. It was shipped on monday and arrived here in Germany today (wendsday)!!! Unbelievable, 3 days from the USA to my home. That's what I call a fast service.

I did not have to pay any duty or tax, because the value was to low.

The cover is gorgouse. I had already an M-Edge Executive cover vor my Sony reader, but that was a light brown one. This time I ordered the purple one for the Nook and it loos awesome.

I also ordered the e-luminator2 from M-Edge, which fits the cover perfectly. By mistake I ordered the light for the Kindle2, but that's ok. The only difference is, that the arm, where the light is on is .75in shorter on the Nook light. The Kindle lights is a little bit longer than the cover, but barley. It is absolutly ok.

I did a little video on youtube:

M-Edge products & Nook

so long,
mos
Inspired Contributor
WarBrand
0 Kudos

Re: M-Edge Executive Jacket and e-Luminator2 with my Nook

Excellent review, both this and especially the YouTube version. It got me off of the fence and made me order my cover. Thanks

Don't give up, don't ever give up.
Contributor
Wigum
0 Kudos

I also ordered the M-Edge jacket and the e-luminator2

It got here in 2 days, the quality is fantastic. The light is not annoying in anyway, and it's a far nicer cover for comparable prices to what I saw in the barnes and noble store.

mos
Frequent Contributor
mos
0 Kudos

@Wigum, how much shorter is your light? I was wondering, since stupid me, ordered the wrong one. I wanted to have a white reading light and forgot to check if it was for the Nook. Well, but it's ok, it works great and fits almost perfect in the jacket.:smileyhappy:

so long,
mos
Contributor
Wigum
0 Kudos

It stops about a 1/4-1/2 inch before the end of the cover. But other than that from what I can see that's the only difference. I would have preferred the white too, but I figured I should order the one for the nook

Frequent Contributor
jigray3
0 Kudos

It looks to be a very nice product, but it doesn't appear that the top cover folds back out of the way, so you seem to get a more bookish feel and experience. It would also limit ease of use of the controls on the left side of the nook. Correct? Watching your video, it does appear to be easy to remove and reinsert, but I wonder about the durability of the elastic at the top over the long term. There are times when I would like a cover like this, but one of the advantages of an eReader from my perspective is that it is easier to hold, is less bulky, and turn pages easier. so, as much as I admire the product, it may not be for me.

Contributor
Wigum
0 Kudos

The front cover easily can be folded around back behind. If desired. I also just flip the strap that holds it shut behind the back strap so that stays out of the way. When the cover is folded back there is no problem using the right or left buttons, though I prefer to read it more like a book, so I don't fold it back often. When holding the right side I have no problem accessing the buttons or using the finger swipe page turn.

Frequent Contributor
jigray3
0 Kudos

Wigum wrote:

The front cover easily can be folded around back behind. If desired. I also just flip the strap that holds it shut behind the back strap so that stays out of the way. When the cover is folded back there is no problem using the right or left buttons, though I prefer to read it more like a book, so I don't fold it back often. When holding the right side I have no problem accessing the buttons or using the finger swipe page turn.

Thanks, now I'm more interested.

Frequent Contributor
Delenn1
0 Kudos

I purchased the purple on Sunday and it was just delivered.

I just love it! I think after some use the cover will fold back with less restraint. It is very sturdy, though it might be a bit heavier than some of the B&N ones. It does have more padding for protection of the screen inside. I made a Great Choice.

mos
Frequent Contributor
mos
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I took a picture. Right now the cover is still a little stiff, but after a while it will get easier to fold the front cover back.

I made a whole set of pictures, if you would like to see more:

Picute Set of the M-Edge gadgets

so long,
mos
Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Why don't they just put some double or triple A battery holder running between those overly huge hinges and some LEDs embedded in the outer edge of the cover and get rid of that clunky light.  

That way you could hold the cover at 90 degrees and light your nook when needed without having to haul out that light all the time.

New User
hellostranger
0 Kudos

I purchased the black Executive Jacket with the black M-Edge light. It should be here tomorrow. I mainly stick with blacks, whites, and grays but I absolutely love the purple after seeing pictures! It's a really nice color. Thanks for the great photo and video.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Mos, thanks for the video.  It helped me understand how the light and case work together. 

mos
Frequent Contributor
mos
0 Kudos

My pleasure! I'm always glad, if I can find a video or a review an youtube, if I'm looking for a certain product. So I like to do these little reviews.

so long,
mos
Frequent Contributor
Delenn1
0 Kudos

mos,

Excellent Video!  Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on the product.

Frequent Contributor
Robocheme
0 Kudos

I also bought the Executive with the light.  I liked how it neatly folds into the spine and it uses AAA batteries.  Thanks to this forum I used the FACEEDGE code to save 20%.

MOS, thanks for the video and I love your accent!:smileyhappy:

Contributor
Lilygrrl
0 Kudos

I purchased the M-Edge Platform Jacket and love it.  I was torn between it and the Executive Jacket and just kind of closed my eyes and picked.  It is equally easy to hold in my hand or stand up on my desk in front of me.  Now I think I'm off to the M-Edge store to buy the hip bag.:smileyhappy:

Contributor
STAR-TWINKLE
0 Kudos

Thank you Mos for this extensive review.  It was extremely helpful as I have been on the fence about purchasing the cover and the light.  One question, one of the things that made me hesitant when I first saw the case was the two leather straps that hold the nook in at the bottom.  Seemed like if you tilted the case forward where the nook was facing the floor it could fall out because the straps were so small.  Does the nook shift at all?  Is that even possible?  I know it seems highly unlikely I would hold the case that way but things do happen especially with children around. 

Any input anyone has that currently owns this case or any M-Edge case would be very helpful.

Thanks!

mos
Frequent Contributor
mos
0 Kudos

The Nook stays nice and save in the jacket. No need to worry. I have the same jacket already for my Sony Reader and use it now for several month. No way, the reader slips out of the jacket, if you put the little things over the corner. That is at least my experience.

so long,
mos
Frequent Contributor
TiffanyLynn
0 Kudos

Mos - I ordered the exact same jacket in the same color!  It is coming today.  Thanks for the great video.  Love your invention for putting the light on the nook.