Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
HELEN1959
0 Kudos

MULTIPLE DEVICES

I received the 1st edition Nook for my birthday last year and just got the Nook Touch for my birthday this year.  Are there other Nook owners who have more than one reading device

who can help me decide whether or not to keep both devices or give one away?  I'm just trying

to figure out what to do with two reading devices and the purpose having two would serve.  Also,

I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by choosing one device over the other.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated!

Frequent Contributor
MikeNC
0 Kudos

Re: MULTIPLE DEVICES

I cannot see myself keeping two eInk devices (or two LCD devices for that matter), but I do have a Nook Color and a N2E.  Last year I did have an N1E, but got rid of it after receiving my NC at Christmas.  While I do like the NC at times, there are also times when an eInk display is a big plus.  When the N2E was announced, I pre-ordered immediately, as I could see how having the lighter, smaller eInk device with its much longer battery life would  be a perfect compliment to my NC.

I use both devices a fair bit, although I think the majority of time would edge over to the N2E, mainly because I tend to carry it most everywhere with me in my backpack, so it is just more available over the NC.

If I were you, I guess I would be looking to give one device to a friend or family member and keep the other for me (if it is a family member who was involved with giving either, just tell them you're wiling to loan one indefinitely, not that you are giving it away).  And again, if it were me, I'd be keeping the N2E - for me, it is clearly preferable to the N1E.

Contributor
jaleesa_88
0 Kudos

I am actually looking into purchasing either the N1E or the N2E to go along with my NC.  My daughter uses it constantly and I just think having an extra one around to read my books would be awesome.  But I do love the NC.  I use it whenever my daughter isn't.  But I would love it more if I could read it in the sun easier, that is kinda why I want to purchase the N1E or N2E.

Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

@Helen1959

I have both devices and both are good.  I use the new none, N2E, more often than I use my N1E.  However, I'm planning on keeping both in case one of the two stops working or dies. 

Lector GS
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

LectorGS wrote:

@Helen1959

I have both devices and both are good.  I use the new none, N2E, more often than I use my N1E.  However, I'm planning on keeping both in case one of the two stops working or dies. 

+1.  I use the N2E most of the time but I keep the N1E for a backup in case I have issues with the N2E.

Frequent Contributor
maureen-in-mukilteo
0 Kudos

The purpose of having two nooks would be to not to hurt the feelings of the people who bought you these two expensive presents. Use you nook2E to read and use your nook1E as a paperweight for when whoever bought it for you visits.