Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

Madison Trifold Cover

After waiting quite awhile, my Madison Trifold nook cover finally arrived.  I have to say that it exactly what I wanted.

Madison Trifold Cover in Crimson 

The sides are nice and stiff which should come in handy if I pack it away during a trip. The front flaps fold all the way back and snap in place when you want to read your nook and the cover surprisingly, will lay flat when you want to place it on a flat surface. The long flap has an inside pocket to hold papers, money, etc.

The nook fits nice and snug and the bottom corner holders are stiff which along with the stiff sides, should protect the face of the nook quite well.

It was expensive and took a long time to arrive but the wait and price were worth it for my needs.

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Re: Madison Trifold Cover

That looks like an excellent case.  It looks like it could survive a drop.

I like the pocket inside the front cover.  Looks like it would accommodate a thin note pad.  Any place to hide a small pen or pencil in there?

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

icebike wrote:

That looks like an excellent case.  It looks like it could survive a drop.

I like the pocket inside the front cover.  Looks like it would accommodate a thin note pad.  Any place to hide a small pen or pencil in there?

I just tried putting a pencil in the pocket and it was a no-go. However, it fits just fine if you lay it alongside the left side of the nook. The flaps close nicely. And yes, you could put a thin note pad in that pocket just fine.

I'm not sure how much shock absorbtion the cover would provide but it would certainly keep the plastic from breaking should you drop your nook. Perish the thought.:smileyvery-happy:

John

Inspired Contributor
nookie01
0 Kudos

That is the exact cover I've been waiting for since placing my order on December 26. Mine shipped this week, too, but according to the tracking, it is sitting at the Post Office right up the road and has not yet been delivered. I anxiously await a Tuesday delivery (Monday being a holiday and all).

I am so glad you provided a good review on this cover. After waiting for such a long time, I really don't want to be disappointed. The information you provided makes me feel much better about this purchase. It sounds like it is worth the long wait!

Frequent Contributor
la_writer
0 Kudos

While browsing through the covers on the B&N site, I noticed that they are no longer listing the Madison Trifold cover.  Does anyone know what happened? 

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

la_writer wrote:

While browsing through the covers on the B&N site, I noticed that they are no longer listing the Madison Trifold cover.  Does anyone know what happened? 

Click the link in my first post and it will take you right to the product page.

My wife and I had to take our cars to the dealership today for servicing. What was supposed to be a 30-minute job turned into 4 hours because they were short handed. No big deal as I had my nook and enjoyed the time to read. The nook used to fit in my coat pocket but this cover makes it too big to fit. But that isn't a big deal unless you have your hands full of other stuff. But, the cover made it so much easier to carry the nook with me.

John

Frequent Contributor
adlemsi
0 Kudos

I have this cover and I LOVE IT!! It looks great and it's extremely functional. I love that I can comfortably hold my Nook in one hand while holding onto the train pole during rush hour (I live in NYC), all without the clumsiness of flaps flailing around and using very minimal space (it can get REALLY tight in the MTA trains).

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

Have you ever run into Charlie on the MTA?:smileywink: A reference to the Kingston Trio.

John

Frequent Contributor
la_writer
0 Kudos

Thanks, John!  I'm not sure why I didn't see the case on the website before.  I'm glad you're happy with it.

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

You're welcome.

I found one more advantage to this cover, although it may not be unique to this cover. If you have big hands, this cover makes it easy to hold on to the otherwise slim nook.

John