Reader
Jfeinb7676
0 Kudos

Memory problem

When I try to add books ( not B&N) to my documents, using calibre,I am told that there is 'no more memory on the main device'. Since I only have 40 average size books in my documents, this should not be a problem. When I add books to my B&N account, I have no problem. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Re: Memory problem

Jfeinb7676 wrote:

When I try to add books ( not B&N) to my documents, using calibre,I am told that there is 'no more memory on the main device'. Since I only have 40 average size books in my documents, this should not be a problem. When I add books to my B&N account, I have no problem. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Go to the "Settings" page of your nook and check the available space. Check the available space on your microSD card also (if you have one installed).

Have you loaded any other media, i.e. music files, to your nook?  MP3's will take up a lot of space depending on how many you have.

If you are on a Mac, make sure that you empty the trash - the nook will still see the files that you deleted until you do so.

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
New User
Varreon
0 Kudos

The device has 2 GB of internal memory and can store an estimated 1,000 books. Of that 2 GB, only 1 GB is available to store content. Additionally, 750 MB of that 1 GB are reserved for content bought directly from Barnes & Noble's e-book store, which leaves approximately 250 MB for other files.

How can I open up the 750MB reserved space?  I have more open titles than B&N titles.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Varreon wrote:

The device has 2 GB of internal memory and can store an estimated 1,000 books. Of that 2 GB, only 1 GB is available to store content. Additionally, 750 MB of that 1 GB are reserved for content bought directly from Barnes & Noble's e-book store, which leaves approximately 250 MB for other files.

How can I open up the 750MB reserved space?  I have more open titles than B&N titles.

If you need more space for sideloaded content you will have to buy a microSD card.