Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
RogerMD
0 Kudos

Micro SDHC Card - Transfer Of Data

[ Edited ]

I have a Micro SDHC 16 GB card installed & acknowledged in my Nook Color. Folders currently are empty, however the Nook created the folders, i.e.. books, magazine, etc.

I've read through the User's Guide and it explains how to move files/data from the Micro SD card to the Nook's memory. However, how can you move data from the Nook's 8 GB memory to the card?

Currently there were books that I've downloaded prior to installing the micro card. Is there something I'm missing.

:smileysurprised:

Nook Color
Reader
ttman21
0 Kudos

Re: Micro SDHC Card - Transfer Of Data

Page 48 of the Users manual explains how to copy files from the microSD card to the Nook, so the reverse should apply also.

Frequent Contributor
RogerMD
0 Kudos

ttman21 wrote:

Page 48 of the Users manual explains how to copy files from the microSD card to the Nook, so the reverse should apply also.

Hi ttman21,

Yes, I read page 48 and you are correct, it explains how to copy files from micro SD to the Nook Color's internal memory. Currenly my SD card is empty (purchased new), however when I tried to move files from memory to SD card following the same steps described, nothing happens.

Have you successfully been able to move files back and forth between the internal & SD micro card mediums?

Nook Color
Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

I just did a test with Nookcolor connected to my Linux system. I was able to drag a photo from the computer into the Nook's internal memory and also move it from the internal memory to the MicroSD.
Distinguished Correspondent
morgman
0 Kudos

Have you tried just plugging in USB and copying data over via Windows?  I've been doing this for a while, moving files back and forth with no issues. 

Distinguished Correspondent
scott88
0 Kudos

I believe  that you can not move files with out connecting your NOOK to a computer. What is in the manual about moving from the NOOK did not get into the final version.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
Frequent Contributor
RogerMD
0 Kudos

scott88 wrote:

I believe  that you can not move files with out connecting your NOOK to a computer. What is in the manual about moving from the NOOK did not get into the final version.

Yes you are correct, if you connect the Nook Color to your PC, in Windows XP, you will see two drives: i.e. Drive O & Drive P. One is the Nook's memory and the other is the SDHC micro card. Witin Explorer you can move files via the traditional "drag & drop".

However, from the Nook Color User's Guide:

Copying Files from the SD Memory Card to your NOOKcolor

To copy files from the micro SD memory card to your Nook color, do this:

1. Make sure the micro SD Memory Card is installed in your Nookcolor. You will see a large button that says Memory Card at t top of the Library
  2. In the Library, tap the My Files icon to display a list of files
  3. To copy a file or category of files, press the hold on the name of the file. A popup menu appears
  4.  In the popup menu, tap copy to Nook color.

First of all there is no large button that says Memory Card, but there are two links that say Nook Memory & SD Card

When you press & hold on the name of a file, there is no popup menu appearing, hence you can't tap to copy to the Nook Color.

So either the instructions are completely incorrect, that feature was never added to the Firmware 1.0.0 or there's something wrong with my Nook Color.

I wonder outside of connecting the Nook color to a PC and dragging/dropping files from individual drives, using the PC as the transfer device, has anyone been able to move files as per the instructions provided in the User's Guide, both on-line and included with the Nook Color?

Nook Color
Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

My SD card is 3/4 EMPTY . . . yet when I try to Drag & Drop one .PDF in Win XP I am told the "disk is full"!

Nook Color Wallpapers
Frequent Contributor
RogerMD
0 Kudos

A

NookonErik wrote:

My SD card is 3/4 EMPTY . . . yet when I try to Drag & Drop one .PDF in Win XP I am told the "disk is full"!

When you slide the Micr SD card into your PC's reader, are you first sliding it into a normal size SD adaptor. If so, is it possible that there is a safety (lock) on the SD card adaptor that is on, preventing any data to be copied on to it and hence the mesage you are getting?

Also out what folder in the Micro SD card are you trying to drag the PDF file to?

Nook Color
Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

Turns out that due to some fiddling on my part, my SD card had a (boot) partition on it . . . I did a little internet research and found many ways to remove the partition. I found one that I liked and solved my problem.

Nook Color Wallpapers
Contributor
tech6
0 Kudos

I have the Nook Tablet and have been trying to transfer files from my external hard drive onto the Micro Card, but none of the files or folders show up on the card. Now, if I transfer files from my laptop to the card, those files and folders show up. How is this so? Anyone have any suggestions?