Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
AlanNJ
Posts: 3,722
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

Possibly Megan is a composite of all the people that were mentioned.  An email address doesn't necessarily mean one person... :smileywink:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
Posts: 4,123
Registered: ‎01-27-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


Nallia wrote:

And who is this Megan person the dedicated email address goes to?


Her other name is "Peggy".  :smileysurprised:

 

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Nallia
Posts: 4,758
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


AlanNJ wrote:

Possibly Megan is a composite of all the people that were mentioned.  An email address doesn't necessarily mean one person... :smileywink:


Yes, I know, but you would think they would come up with a more obvious email if it is, in fact, dedicated for NOOK users.  :smileytongue:

 

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
Posts: 1,734
Registered: ‎12-14-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

[ Edited ]

 


Nallia wrote:

 Yes, I know, but you would think they would come up with a more obvious email if it is, in fact, dedicated for NOOK users.


Yeah, like complaints@bn.com :smileyvery-happy:

 

 

I'm not sure if it means anyone will get an answer, it just says it's a place to send e-mails.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
Posts: 4,123
Registered: ‎01-27-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


Nallia wrote:

 


AlanNJ wrote:

Possibly Megan is a composite of all the people that were mentioned.  An email address doesn't necessarily mean one person... :smileywink:


Yes, I know, but you would think they would come up with a more obvious email if it is, in fact, dedicated for NOOK users.  :smileytongue:

 


 

We all may have become a tiny bit paranoid since the start of the year. 

 

On the other hand, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that people aren't out to get you.  :smileywink:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Nallia
Posts: 4,758
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Registered: ‎02-15-2010

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


ABthree wrote:

 


Nallia wrote:

 


AlanNJ wrote:

Possibly Megan is a composite of all the people that were mentioned.  An email address doesn't necessarily mean one person... :smileywink:


Yes, I know, but you would think they would come up with a more obvious email if it is, in fact, dedicated for NOOK users.  :smileytongue:

 


 

We all may have become a tiny bit paranoid since the start of the year. 

 

On the other hand, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that people aren't out to get you.  :smileywink:


 

I prefer:

 

"...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

AlanNJ
Posts: 3,722
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


Nallia wrote:

 


ABthree wrote:

 


Nallia wrote:

 


AlanNJ wrote:

Possibly Megan is a composite of all the people that were mentioned.  An email address doesn't necessarily mean one person... :smileywink:


Yes, I know, but you would think they would come up with a more obvious email if it is, in fact, dedicated for NOOK users.  :smileytongue:

 


 

We all may have become a tiny bit paranoid since the start of the year. 

 

On the other hand, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that people aren't out to get you.  :smileywink:


 

I prefer:

 

"...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden


I vote that the email address be nookie@barnesandnoble.com unless, of course, there's really a human Megan out there... Then it can stay... :smileywink:

 

►Without order there is chaos◄
Frequent Contributor
NoOne
Posts: 35
Registered: ‎08-02-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

Wow, I was about to post that I didn't know what you were talking about, because I visit these boards very infrequently and have noticed no change from the last several times I visited. I don't visit these boards often because they are not very active and most post and rather straightforward with very little chat.

 

Then I looked at your ID. . .YOU'RE A PUBLISHER!!!

 

Seriously, why is a PUBLISHER trying to control what discussions go on within the board. This is a board for Nook and Nook Color owners and users of the Nook aps to discuss ownership issues. This is not a board intended for publishers. So, if you are successful in returning moderation to this board. My very first request will be for ALL PUBLISHERS to be kicked off!

 

Be careful what you ask for. . .you might get it.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
Posts: 1,949
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

@ NoOne,

 

These boards are, as you say, for all "Nook and NookColor owners and users," so there's no way anyone will be kicked off, even if they are also a publisher.

 

The OP was posting his/her opinion, which is their right, and as you see, many others do not agree.

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
Posts: 469
Registered: ‎12-22-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

[ Edited ]

 


NoOne wrote:

Wow, I was about to post that I didn't know what you were talking about, because I visit these boards very infrequently and have noticed no change from the last several times I visited. I don't visit these boards often because they are not very active and most post and rather straightforward with very little chat.

 

Then I looked at your ID. . .YOU'RE A PUBLISHER!!!

 

Seriously, why is a PUBLISHER trying to control what discussions go on within the board. This is a board for Nook and Nook Color owners and users of the Nook aps to discuss ownership issues. This is not a board intended for publishers. So, if you are successful in returning moderation to this board. My very first request will be for ALL PUBLISHERS to be kicked off!

 

Be careful what you ask for. . .you might get it.


 

We are an independent publisher, continigent on B&N providing the api's needed to begin publishing both original works and a line of highly customized ebooks (for simplicity, think scrapbooks for kids, weddings, vacations etc.).. and that's not pubit that we are aiming for.  Our entire line is based upon enhanced ebooks, of which several hundred hours have been already invested in (even though we have an 'idea', we don't know the actual paremeters of what they want like even basic size officially)

 

And We/I are not trying to control anything.  We just don't want this forum to go unmoderated any longer.  The previous admin, Michael-V, was very, very helpful to some members by advancing their issues to other departments for problem resolution, pricing adjustments and even the most basic tasks of moving threads to the forum they belong in. 

 

And hey, I bought a nook, just like you.  Do I not have a voice because I also happen to be an upcoming publisher for this?  At least it's disclosed and not hidden.

 

But this hubbub about publisher is kinda really moot as we are a two person operation anyway, nothing akin to the corporate conglomerates that dominate publishing these days. 

 

We are a small, vanity publisher.  (maybe someday we will be the corporate behomeths that you oppose so staunchly, but we aren't there just yet)  But we might delight in a bit of glee crushing the consumer when we are.

 

We personally prefer a sledgehammer as the brains simply explode like a watermellon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Correspondent
TravP
Posts: 66
Registered: ‎07-20-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


MumsySC wrote:

Not to be argumentative here ... (okay a little argumentative :smileytongue:)

 

But, why do you think B&N owes you anything? They're paying for the site and the personnel to maintain it. And now you demand them to pay for a moderator?

 

h-m-m-m-m.


Another question to ask is why do we think we owe B&N so much leninancy? I was reading some posts saying it wouldn't be considerate to B&N because they may be having internal problems, or it wouldn't be nice to flood the phone lines. If anyone "owes" anything, it's B&N who owes us customer service. They have a lot of crappy customer service folks on the hotline and they're cutting forum moderators. Sounds like they're forgetting that it's customers that are keeping them in business. 

 

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
Posts: 3,334
Registered: ‎09-29-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


TravP wrote:

 

Another question to ask is why do we think we owe B&N so much leninancy? I was reading some posts ... it wouldn't be nice to flood the phone lines.

 


The only people you hurt when you flood the phone lines is other customers.  The same ones who come and complain that they can't get through to Customer Service because they kept hanging up before someone picked up the phone.  The same customers with legitimate concerns of malfunctioning NOOKs.  The same customers who deserve to have their time not wasted by people asking for something they've never been promised but used to have.

 

Nallia
Posts: 4,758
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


NoOne wrote:

Wow, I was about to post that I didn't know what you were talking about, because I visit these boards very infrequently and have noticed no change from the last several times I visited. I don't visit these boards often because they are not very active and most post and rather straightforward with very little chat.

 

Then I looked at your ID. . .YOU'RE A PUBLISHER!!!

 

Seriously, why is a PUBLISHER trying to control what discussions go on within the board. This is a board for Nook and Nook Color owners and users of the Nook aps to discuss ownership issues. This is not a board intended for publishers. So, if you are successful in returning moderation to this board. My very first request will be for ALL PUBLISHERS to be kicked off!

 

Be careful what you ask for. . .you might get it.


 

You should really try opening a few more threads.  These are the most active boards on the B&N site and therei s plenty of chat here.

 

Theriot is a valuable member of this community.  He is active, helpful, and cares about these forums.  Yes, he is part of an independent publisher, but he is also himself.

AlanNJ
Posts: 3,722
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


Nallia wrote:

 


but he is also himself.

"He is himself'... Like, ya know, sounds heavy, man....

 

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
Posts: 212
Registered: ‎10-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


ABthree wrote:

 


Nallia wrote:

And who is this Megan person the dedicated email address goes to?


Her other name is "Peggy".  :smileysurprised:

 


LMAO!!!  Does she have a deep voice?

 

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
Posts: 4,123
Registered: ‎01-27-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


Debh366 wrote:

 


ABthree wrote:

 


Nallia wrote:

And who is this Megan person the dedicated email address goes to?


Her other name is "Peggy".  :smileysurprised:

 


LMAO!!!  Does she have a deep voice?

 


And a beard and a Slavic accent.  You know her too?  :smileywink:

 

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Nallia
Posts: 4,758
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Registered: ‎02-15-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


Debh366 wrote:

 


ABthree wrote:

 


Nallia wrote:

And who is this Megan person the dedicated email address goes to?


Her other name is "Peggy".  :smileysurprised:

 


LMAO!!!  Does she have a deep voice?

 


Coffee burnsss the nose.

 

Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
Posts: 212
Registered: ‎10-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: FRI, Feb 11: Call to tell them we need moderators

 


ABthree wrote:

 


Debh366 wrote:

 


ABthree wrote:

 


Nallia wrote:

And who is this Megan person the dedicated email address goes to?


Her other name is "Peggy".  :smileysurprised:

 


LMAO!!!  Does she have a deep voice?

 


And a beard and a Slavic accent.  You know her too?  :smileywink:

 


Yep, I met her once or twice!  LOL!  Too funny!  Love that commercial.

 

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*