Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Sandikal
0 Kudos

More Blogs, Please!

Wow, the magazine thread seemed to work magic, I think I'll try it with blogs.  It would be really great if we could subscribe to to the B&N Blogs of our choice through our Nooks rather than just the two that come on it.  I'd love to get the Science Fiction blog.  It would be fabulous if we could read the B&N studio articles on our Nooks too.

The Daily is getting a bit boring.

Correspondent
Glitchster
0 Kudos

Re: More Blogs, Please!

Good IDEA! (my opinion, of course...)

A more focused interactve content specific to ebooks, ereaders and users. Hopefully, would demand restructuring of that gimpy Beta web-browser that I became frustrated with and no longer give a second thought.

An application that is similiar to the "SHOPPING" option. A "BLOG & STUDIO" option that would allow browsing the B&N blogs, Also, a decently constructed input form to POST new threads and replys. As well as have, an ability to to use some of the features offered at The B&N Studio, such as the audio interviews with various authors, printed author info. Give us the ability to download available content from B&N.

Shave  down and delete browser functions that do not work well or just plain hang and don't work at all. Focus on the user's ability to communicate with the ebook environment.

"Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy... so, take it easy..." the Eagles

... If knowledge is power, why do I have to keep recharging my ereader ?
Reader 4
llbun
0 Kudos

I love the Daily!  I look forward to it daily!  :smileyhappy:  I'm very new to nook so maybe it'll wear off but I doubt it.  I think an option to subscribe/unsubscribe to other blogs would fantastic and I wouldn't mind being able to archive the Dave Barry intro.  It was a cute introduction and I thought it was very amusing but I don't read it over and over.

Anyway - while we are on the subject of the Daily - how does the information get there?  Sometimes the blogs will show up right away as I connect to Wifi and other times it'll just sit there forever with nothing on it.  I try updating BN content from my library and that doesn't work and then later the Daily blogs will suddenly appear.  Any info on the Daily would be helpful since it's not very clear to me exactly how it works and I really enjoy reading it.

Thanks!

Inspired Correspondent
Sandikal
0 Kudos

I have the model with 3G, so anytime I do anything that lets it connect to the B&N server, The Daily updates. 

I'm a bit sick of Grin & Tonic and I want the Science Fiction & Fantasy Blog.

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

Gin & Tonic was good for a little while, now it seems like they just talk about what they like.  What about other books, or info that we might need.

I also wish I could archive the old info to nook too. but I do like the day book thing and the information about free books. etc.. but more or less conttent would be nice.

Maybe try to get us to choose what we want.