Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
mmjsmith
0 Kudos

Moving ebooks from PC to Nook

Can I/how do I move a book from my PC to my Nook?  Thanks.

BN_Rick

Re: Moving ebooks from PC to Nook

Hi mmjsmith, NOOK Books purchased from BN.com that are not automatically downloaded to your NOOK may be downloaded manually from My B&N Library. EBooks not purchased at B&N can be side-loaded as long as the file format is supported by the NOOK. Check this link out for help in side-loading to your NOOK: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-support-managing-your-library/379002489/?cds2Pid=35611

Go to Library --> Tap View My B&N Library or View My Documents to toggle between the two areas. Once you have manually loaded your personal documents, be sure to tap Check for New Content to display them in My Documents area.

Wordsmith
swan480
0 Kudos

Re: Moving ebooks from PC to Nook

mmjsmith wrote:

Can I/how do I move a book from my PC to my Nook?  Thanks.

Use your USB cable (your charger cable minus the AC adaptor) to connect your Nook to your computer.  There are a couple ways to transfer.  You can have ADE open when you plug in the Nook -- if you are looking at your library (not in a book) in ADE, it'll come up with "Nook" in the list of shelves, and you can just drag and drop books onto that "shelf."  I haven't found library books to work unless they are transferred that way, but with all other books (and with music and pictures too), you can just use regular directory windows drag and drop the file icons into the appropriate folder in your Nook directory.

Make sure, when you are done sideloading books, that you click the button to go up a level (so that you see the root directory -- C drive, Nook, etc.), right-click on the Nook, and choose "Eject" from the drop-down menu.