Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
demodebi
0 Kudos

My nook just quit on me???

I had purchased 2 of these for my gd's....while using one of them it just quit on me, I went to look at *My Library* and it was empty when I had d/l'd at least 30 books for one of my gd's...so I thought I should turn it off and back on and now it won't turn on....

I went to the troubleshooting area here and I now have it plugged into the wall but it still has not turned on...she will be down in a couple days to pick it up..

any ideas?...I hope this isn't something that happens alot..thanks, debi

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Re: My nook just quit on me???

[ Edited ]
Almost the same hapened once to me when my nook was only a few days old I got it to work by removing the battery for a few minutes if that don't work I would call B&N.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
BN_Cece
0 Kudos

Re: My nook just quit on me???

Hi demodebi, If removing the battery did not help, please call and speak to our Digital Support

Representative at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and select option 2 so they can assist you.