Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
crystalized
0 Kudos

Re: [N1E]: 1.6 Update

I had no problems updating my nook to 1.6

Nothing broke and I have tons of files in My Documents and they are all fine.

I always do the manual update and keep wifi turned off.

I agree B&N should tell you details of an update. I like technical information.

Does anyone know if they updated android at all in 1.6?

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

How would we know?  

Distinguished Wordsmith
spec
0 Kudos

crystalized wrote:smileyvery-happy:oes anyone know if they updated android at all in 1.6?

Android is still 1.5 cupcake

Frequent Contributor
Ropebender
0 Kudos

Re: [N1E]: 1.6 Update -- now 1.7 and 8 Gig cards work fine :)

I was just updated to  ....   Ta Daaaaa 1.7.0, and my SD card (8 Gig full of Music and books ) works Great :smileyhappy:)

I'm happy :smileyhappy:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
"There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Van!!
Frequent Contributor
graycyn
0 Kudos

Updated today successfully to v1.7 over WiFi, and while I was reading a book from my 16GB card. All seems well enough so far, I'll report back if anything did "break".

Nook WiFi, Sony 950, 2 Sony 350s.
Correspondent
Lugaid_Llyr
0 Kudos

is is just me or is anyone else's nook less responsive since the update. Unfortunately, I was auto updated to 1.7 when I tried to download some new purchases. Nook touchscreen seems much slower to respond.

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe. - Herbert George Wells
Scribe
Haleakala_LKB
0 Kudos

Lugaid_Llyr wrote:

is is just me or is anyone else's nook less responsive since the update. Unfortunately, I was auto updated to 1.7 when I tried to download some new purchases. Nook touchscreen seems much slower to respond.

Doesn't seem like it to me. 

LisaB

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Lugaid_Llyr wrote:

I've seen no issues with the update.  Everything (lower touchscreen, page turns, searching, etc.) appears to respond the same as they did with previous firmware versions.

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****