Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
sb3312

Re: [N1E] Are we still using it?

So here's what happened...

I purchased my N1E (refurbished) in January 2010. I never had any problems with it and was very happy with it. In June of this year I played with the NST when I was at the Barnes and Noble store. I thought it was kinda of cool so I started thinking I wanted one. My husband found me a buyer for my 1st edition and I ordered the NST. I told my husband at the time I wondered if I should hold on to my N1E until I had used the NST for a while just in case I didn't like it. He talked me into going ahead and selling it.

Got my NST in early July. It is a fantastic ereader. The battery life is amazing! However, the shelving system sux and sometimes the touch screen is almost *too* responsive as I end up turning several pages instead of just one. Both of these are somewhat minor issues and if it was my first ereader and I had never used the N1E then these things would certainly not bother me at all. However, by the end of July I was really missing my N1E. 

So, I decided to go back to it. I purchased a used N1E off of ebay this week. It arrived yesterday and it is in excellent condition. I am very happy to have it! Should it ever die and I end up unable to replace it, I will use a NST and it will be fine but I hope this N1E lasts a long, long time! My daugters are using the NST and everyone is happy.

Contributor
KnitReader2010

YES!, I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!! 

I bought the 3G years ago when it was discounted.  I usually change the cover each season (hate using my pink one in the dead of winter!) and I am always hunting for a new cover on Ebay.  I borrow loads of books from the library and I anticipate owning my N1E for a very long time.

Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

I had to do it.  I donated my N1E to my parish so they could raffle it to raise funds.  I am happy with my NSTG and my NT, however, I missed my N1E so badly that I purchased an unused N1E on ebay recently. I have not received it yet, so as soon as I get, I will start reading from like I was in 2010.

Lector GS
New User
eveningblack
0 Kudos

never used the nook 1 edition. but I think since nook can do a good job in the electronic industry for years then it must own something glorying.

so maybe the 1 edition is a good one in that period of time.

Frequent Contributor
Prmetime
0 Kudos

I was using it and would still be using it if I hadn't lost it someplace.  :smileysad:

In the interim, I'm using the Nook software on my Android phone until I see somthing that makes me really want to get a new eReader. With the lowering of all of the prices for the various Nooks, maybe this Christmas season? 

Inspired Contributor
JenScheil
0 Kudos

I am definitely still using my N1E! I did upgrade last month to the NSTG, but the N1E goes with me to the beach, pool, etc. It is nice to have a back up, though I do use my NSTG alot more bc of the reading in the dark! :smileyvery-happy: