Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
SLevine
0 Kudos

N1E: Future Support FAQs

Continuing B&N Support:

B&N will continue to support our entire family of NOOK products. In fact, a big differentiator for NOOK vs. other competitive eReader and tablet products is our customer service.  We call it “The Barnes & Noble Promise.” 

Warranties and extended warranties will continue as to their terms (one year for Manufacturer’s warranty and two years for the Barnes & Noble Extended Protection Plan) and will be supported via our Customer Service: in-store, online through digital chat and My NOOK™ as well as 1800-THE-BOOK.

Between our highly trained customer service team, and our 40 thousand booksellers, we can teach, demo, trouble-shoot and add value to the customer experience beyond what any other company in consumer electronics and digital media can do today.

3G Support:

For those of you who have asked me about the future of the B&N/AT&T 3G Support— as part of the “The Barnes & Noble Promise”, we will continue to support your NOOK First Edition WiFi + 3G’s service. 

Peripheral supplies (Batteries/ Adapters):

For those of you who have asked me whether or not you should buy extra NOOK First Edition batteries—this decision is up to you.  Our stores and Customer Service Center have stocked batteries and adaptors so we can continue to support your devices. 

Covers/Cases:

For those of you who have asked me about future product lines of NOOK First Edition cases and covers—B&N will carry accessories for the NOOK First Edition while supplies last.