Contributor
Nookii
0 Kudos

Re: Ideas for nook classic v1.6

Radecliffe wrote:

I just want two things.  

One, better PDF support.  I really hate the way that PDF's with graphics are currently displayed.  Why can't it work like the web browser where I could move the view window up or down and zoom in or out.  The way it works now really sucks.  

Two, the ability to order books however I want.  Currently I have volumes 1, 10, 11 & 12 of the Harry Dresden novels.  I bought volumes 10, 11 and 12 first (in that order.) Then I was going to go back and backfill the previous volumes which I already have in paperback but now volume 1 comes after volume 12.  I may be OCD or something but it bugs the living crap out of me that I can't put these in order.  

I don't use PDF, I hate them on the PC and I hate them on eReaders. I don't suppose you can convert them to ePub? Calibre does a pretty good job on the few books I've tried.

Re sorting - rename the books to use 01 to 09 instead of 1 to 9. That should fix the sorting issue for you.

Hope that helps :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
Tess75
0 Kudos

madge wrote:

I love my nook classic but have never learned how to use it's email part, are there classes or instructions available.

I just picked up a book on how to use the Nook Color and the Nook Classic all in one at Barns & Noble store. If your B&N store has a Nook section it should be right there. It's the first book I've found otherwise there are some Nook instructions you can download onto your Nook. Hope this helps!:smileyhappy: 

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
Reader
lkadin
0 Kudos

I agree with this one. Great suggestion.

Reader
lkadin
0 Kudos

Re: 1.5 "bug" list

The only problem with this is that it does not work in both directions. If you use the PC app or Android App, you need to delete the local copy and re-download each time or you are not in sync.

On the nook itself, you need to go to last page read on BN . This should be an automatic option.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991

Hey has anybody had this idea? Play chess against other nooks?
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Contributor
boe0485
0 Kudos

Re: Ideas for v1.6

I'd like to see the actual percentage of battery life left instead of just the battery icon.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Settings is where ye shall find thine battery. life percentage.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Contributor
1914ww
0 Kudos

I think that was the meaning of the person's post.  I'm well aware that you can find battery percentage on the settings screen.  That is about the only time I go to the Settings screen.  In a "wish list" for stuff I'd like to see on a new version of Nook software, I would include a way to see battery life without having to leave the book I'm reading and going to Settings.

Granted, it is not a big deal but I think it is apporpriate for a wish list

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

This one agrees.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Inspired Contributor
boe0485
0 Kudos

Yes I realize the the actual percentage of battery is available in the setting screen.  I would just like to see it displayed on the main screen next to the battery icon.  My iPhone for example displays the percentage next to the battery icon and I find it much more useful than just the icon.  Not a big deal but it would just be a nice little feature to have.

Contributor
suziebea
0 Kudos

did anyone else see in the NY Post this morning BN announced at their meeting yesterday they are coming out with a new Nook.  Formal announcement for May 24.  I just got mine for Christmas and they are announcing a new one!!

Contributor
P-diddy
0 Kudos

Re: Ideas for solitaire

I love your idea about an icon with percentage information on the battery.  Please give another game, maybe solitaire! I am not a fan of either game on my Classic Nook.  Please do not forget about us and any up-grades make them available if wanted or needed.

New User
semeuse

How about being able to use at least some of the apps? I don't expect things like "angry birds," but a calendar and notepad would be nice. And crosswords. And, naming bookmarks. To give me a clue why I bookmarked a certain page.
Wordsmith
Tess75
0 Kudos

GS2991 wrote:
Hey has anybody had this idea? Play chess against other nooks?

Yes I have! My mom taught me to play since I was about nine or seven. To this day she hasn't shared her secret on how she beat me in three moves, and the one day I had two moves left and I would have had her she I would have won she "Accidently" bumped the board!:smileyvery-happy:

At least with the nook I wont have to worry about accidental shakes, now I'd worry about my playing skills. It's been a long time Playing!!! Great idea!

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
Reader
fishelea
0 Kudos

I have only had my nook for a week, and I know it isn't a tablet and I dind't buy it as a tablet I bought it to read and that purpose it fills well. With that said since Nook does run anderoid (atleast I am pretty sure it does), I would like to be able to take advantage of some of those features. A simple email "app" would be nice if possible and a very basic text creator/editor. I also like the mentioned idea of battery percentage located next to the icon. The kindle has a text to speech option were the kindle will read a book to them, that would be neat as well. I know you can put adio books on the Nook, but not all books are recorded and most arn't free. This is all I can think of at the moment.

Reader
Kymber
0 Kudos

I agree with you.  Some apps would be great, of course I know that my Nook will not do all the fancy smancy stuff but it would be nice if we could get the "nook friends" ability.  I have friends with the nook color who have added me to their "nook friends" list and they can see my entire list of "lend me" books.  Sadly I can not see any of theirs. This would be a great feature across the nook board... just sayin! :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
Danuke
0 Kudos

Hummm, I use a Mac G5 and a nook 'classic'(?). So what do I know except that I have learned to live with the term LEGACY.
For naught doth kill a man so soon as death!
New User
PRich25

I would like to really like to see these features:

1. Display of the current chapter while reading (maybe under the book title) - this is very important to me for context and one of Nook's biggest drawbacks relative to print reading
  2. Ability to label/name bookmarks with more than page number.  At least the chapter name/number would be helpful.
  3. Ability to return to last page viewed (history) - this is a huge issue when studying, and I can't believe it can't do it.
  4. When searching in the Store, display of full title in results instead of truncated w/ellipses - some titles in a series start with the same pattern and can't tell them apart without viewing details.  Also, ability to filter and sort results based on user reviews (like Amazon).
  5. Ability to easily remove samples from My Library.
  6. Some way to view/print my notes and/or highlights on my computer.  Along these lines, the ability to manage the library shelves on my computer and sync it with the Nook would be great.
New User
gsquirrel02
0 Kudos

DBDigital wrote:

<snip>
I still would like playlists or such on the audio player with bookmarking.  Many audio books are larger than one file and with the Nook if you look at another normal book or the Nook shuts down fully it looses your place.

Oh and finally I still would like the ablity to manually enter a page number since the slider can be very inaccurate at times.
<snip>

Great ideas - I was beginning to think I was the only person that could fathom using the nook to listen to audiobooks. The audio player's inability to bookmark is my BIGGEST pet peeve. The lousy page slider is my SECOND biggest pet peeve - manual entry is a much better solution.

I also like the idea of being able to download audiobooks directly, even if its only in small sections or a chapter at a time.

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

Well Tess75 maybe you would like a game if they make the up-grade? Any way has any one said to add a page box in the shop so I can look at page 70 rather than thuming through all 70? I'm too lazy to read all the posts.
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.